Program: The Organizing and Leadership Academy (TOLA)
Position: TOLA Fellow
Time Commitment: 4 months (Mid July to Mid November)
Salary: $2,000 Living Stipend
Summary of Position
● TOLA is an intensive academy designed to teach community organizing
● Taught by some of the most effective community, business,
educational, and political leaders in the state of California, the
program includes classroom instruction and case-study teaching, where
the core focus of the program is on-the-ground training in effective
● Each TOLA Fellow commits to a full-time organizer’s schedule
(six-days a week, 10-12 hours a day) for four months.
● Lead the efforts in creating an organizing vision, setting goals,
researching options, defining issues, and engaging community members
to resolve concerns.
● Conduct one-on-one visits with community leaders and stakeholders on
a consistent and frequent basis.
● Participate in leadership and professional development sessions with
tramutola | advisors staff, among other training activities.
● Anyone between the ages of 21 and 35 may apply.
● Associate or baccalaureate degree. May be substituted with relevant
● Interested in making a difference in education, accessibility to
healthcare, economic and transit development, and increasing civic
participation in local communities.
● Excellent interpersonal skills.
● Strong presentation, teaching, and writing skills.
● Keen analytical skills.
● A desire to learn the skills and strategies to become an effective organizer.
● Ability to work in diverse racial/ethnic communities.
● Spanish language fluency is a plus.
If interested please visit our website at tolacademy.org or contact
Christian Garcia at christiang@...