Tuesday March 12 at 7 pm - Our Homes: Getting to Net-Zero Energy]

  • bdegarmeaux
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8 3:34 PM
      Tuesday, March 12 at7:00 p.m.
      Our Homes: Getting to Net-Zero Energy

      For our first event of 2013, we welcome renowned green building and
      net-zero energy author, instructor and consultant, Ann Edminster. Ann
      will give a talk based on her recent work and award-winning book,
      “Energy Free: Homes for a Small Planet.” Get an overview of the
      principal strategies used to design and build net-zero energy homes –
      new or remodeled – as well as the challenges and roadblocks that are
      often encountered. Gain a variety of resources available to homeowners
      pursuing this ambitious goal! Ann has taught for the AIA, USGBC, Pacific
      Gas &Electric, and Southern California Edison. She was instrumental in
      the creation of LEED for Homes. Her clients include major builders,
      software companies,design firms, developers, public agencies, utilities,
      investors, and homeowners. For more info and a full list of upcoming
      events, visit http://www.portolavalley.net/index.aspx?page=251.

      Details
      Program begins at 7:00 p.m. (light refreshments at 6:45 p.m.)
      Portola Valley Town Center, Community Hall
      765 Portola Road, Portola Valley, CA

      RSVP
      Please RSVP by March 11th to bdegarmeaux@... or call
      650-851-1700 ext. 222.

      Please note: the hosting of speakers for the Tuesday Harvest Speaker
      Series does not constitute an endorsement by the Town of Portola
      Valley(Town). The Town does not endorse any of the speakers, their
      businesses or the information provided in their presentations.