Lecture by Mark Tewdwr-Jones: Planning and Place-Making (3/14; Berkeley)

  • Asha Weinstein Agrawal
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2013
      [From http://ced.berkeley.edu/events-media/events/ced-lecture-series-mark-tewdwr-jones%5d

      UC Berkeley CED LECTURE SERIES

      Mark Tewdwr-Jones

      Thursday, March 14, 2013 | 6:30 - 7:30 pm | 112 Wurster Hall

      Mark Tewdwr-Jones is Professor of Town Planning at Newcastle
      University’s School of Architecture, Planning and Landscape. He
      possesses 20 years of experience teaching and writing about urban and
      regional planning, housing, local communities, public participation,
      and the history of places. He has advised ministers in UK Government
      on aspects of planning, and has recently served as a lead expert for
      the Government Chief Scientist’s Foresight project on Land Use
      Futures. A 13th book, The Collaborating Planning, is currently in
      print. Tewdwr-Jones’s current research focuses on planning and place
      making, specifically how we perceive change in our environments, and
      how environmental capacity of land can contribute towards local
      economic development.