Urban Designer - City Design Collective

  • Jason Su
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2013
      Urban Designer Wanted:

      City Design Collective seeks an entry or mid-level urban designer to assist
      with a wide range of urban design project types. The ideal candidate will
      have a strong interest in urban design, and its role in the planning and
      revitalization of economically, environmentally, and culturally vibrant and
      sustainable communities.

      Current City Design Collective project types include:

      - District and Corridor Revitalization Strategies
      - Form-based Development Codes
      - Community Outreach (preparation of outreach strategies and
      facilitation of visioning processes)
      - Site Masterplanning
      - Streetscape Design and Sustainability Planning for Public Open Space
      - Site and Architectural Design and Design Review
      - Development of Web-Based Civic Applications

      Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop,
      Illustrator) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) is essential.
      Experience and/or interest in graphic design and the ability to create
      attractive graphic materials (maps and documents etc) is preferred.

      We offer an excellent opportunity to learn about a full range of urban
      design practices for a variety of public and private sector clients.
      We are located in a great new office space on the best block in downtown
      oakland, only two blocks from the 19th street Bart station.

      This position will begin as a part-time position - 3 days / week.

      This is not a corporate office. We make an effort to enjoy our days.

      Please feel free to distribute widely, and please contact us directly with
      any inquiries:

      info@...

      --
      *Jason Su*
      Master of Urban Planning Candidate, 2013

      <http://www.facebook.com/citystudies>
      President | *Urban Planning Coalition |* www.theupc.org |
      Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/groups/135559372152/?ref=ts>
      President & Editor | *City Studies | *www.citystudies.org |