Planners - Dyett & Bhatia San Francisco, CA

  • Jason Su
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14 10:04 AM
      Planners

      *Dyett & Bhatia
      San Francisco, CA*
      Job Description

      POSITIONS AVAILABLE
      We are looking to fill the following positions. We are a collegial, dynamic
      team, committed to place-based planning and excellence. Our office is
      located in the vibrant, historic Jackson Square District in downtown San
      Francisco, easily reached by transit.

      All position carry comprehensive benefits, including health insurance,
      retirement plan match, profit sharing, and transit subsidy.

      PLANNER � ZONING (Hiring Level Open)
      The Planner will work primarily on zoning assignments, which include
      comprehensive new citywide regulations or those with a specific focus�such
      as transit-oriented development, downtown, corridor, urban agriculture,
      parking, or sustainable development practices or form-based codes.

      Qualifications and Experience
      � Minimum two years� experience (6+ years for senior-level appointment) in
      zoning
      � Solid grasp of legal and technical underpinnings of zoning
      � Excellent writing, analysis, presentation, and organizational skills
      � Experience in administering zoning and development regulations desirable

      ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNER (Junior or Mid-Level)
      The Environmental Planner will lead and prepare EIRs on general plans,
      specific plans, regional transportation plans, and other programs, and
      develop environmental policies for long-range plans. The candidate will be
      responsible for project management and coordination, and client interaction.

      Qualifications and Experience
      � Minimum two years� experience (4+ years for mid-level) preparing EIRs in
      California
      � Education in planning, natural sciences, or related fields

      PLANNER � COMPREHENSIVE PLANNING
      The Planner will work on various aspects of general and specific plans,
      station area plans, and corridor plans, including research and analysis,
      preparing plans and environmental review documents, workshop facilitation,
      and project coordination. Ideal candidates will have solid grounding in
      California planning practice, experience with working on plans, housing
      elements, and environmental review, and interest in sustainability, public
      health, and livable communities.

      Qualifications and Experience
      � Graduate degree in planning and minimum one year experience
      � Excellent writing, analysis, communication, and organizational skills
      � Working knowledge of ArcGIS and Adobe CS desirable

      TO APPLY
      Email resume in PDF with cover email or letter to
      jobs@... position sought. Work samples not
      exceeding 10MB may be submitted
      electronically along with the application.

      Contact Information*Phone**Fax**Email*jobs@...*Website*
      www.dyettandbhatia.com

      --
      *Jason Su*
      Master of Urban Planning Candidate, 2013

      <http://www.facebook.com/citystudies>
      President | *Urban Planning Coalition |* www.theupc.org |
      Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/groups/135559372152/?ref=ts>
      President & Editor | *City Studies | *www.citystudies.org |