Job Announcement: Urban Planner (Zoning), Dyett & Bhatia, San Francisco

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2013
      URBAN PLANNER (ZONING)

      Dyett & Bhatia <http://www.linkedin.com/companies/38873?dspporc=&trk=jobtocomp>
      - Jackson Square, San Francisco (San Francisco Bay Area)
      Job Description

      We are looking for a planner with proven experience in drafting codes and
      interest in zoning and related development regulations to be part of our
      dynamic team, committed to place-based planning and excellence.

      *POSITION AND REQUIRED SKILLS*

      The planner will work primarily on zoning assignments, which include
      comprehensive new citywide regulations or those with a specific focus´┐Żsuch
      as transit-oriented development, downtown, urban agriculture, parking, or
      sustainable development practices or form-based codes. Candidates must
      enjoy zoning work, bring a solid grasp of legal and technical underpinnings
      of zoning, and have demonstrated ability in code writing. Experience in
      administering zoning and development regulations is desirable as are public
      presentation skills and experience. Urban design expertise and
      understanding of built form is a plus. We are interested in candidates with
      exceptional writing, analytical, graphic and communication skills.
      Desired Skills & Experience

      *QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE*

      Candidates must possess a Master of City Planning and/or a JD, with minimum
      two years experience (6+ years for senior-level appointment)
      Company Description

      Dyett & Bhatia, Urban and Regional Planners (www.dyettandbhatia.com),
      offers a broad spectrum of urban planning services, and is a national
      leader in preparation of comprehensive zoning and development regulations.
      Our roster of zoning clients includes some of the largest American cities
      and counties, as well as smaller communities.

      *HOW TO APPLY*

      To apply, please email cover letter and resume in PDF to
      jobs@....
      Additional InformationPosted:January 22,
      2013Type:Full-timeExperience:Mid-Senior
      levelFunctions:Writing/Editing, Strategy/Planning Industries:Architecture &
      Planning Compensation:Salary and comprehensive benefitsJob ID:4675291

      - <http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?applyForJobModal=&jobId=4675291>