Job Announcement: Metropolitan Planning Group - Associate or Senior Planner (South & East Bay)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2013
      Metropolitan Planning Group � Assoc. or Sr. Planner (California Bay Area �
      South & East Bay)*Location:*

      East or South Bay
      *Job Description:*

      M-Group exists to bring innovative and effective planning solutions to Bay
      Area cities. Since the creation of the firm in 2006, we have brought
      high-caliber planning services to 35 Bay Area communities. M-Group�s
      planners have extensive experience working on large, complex and
      high-profile projects and our staff brings together a range of
      accomplishments and a wealth of real-world experiences.
      http://www.mplanninggroup.com/

      M-Group is looking to fill a position where the planner will be available
      for consulting work in the East Bay or South Bay. We will consider
      applications at the Associate or Senior Planner level, and fill the
      position at the appropriate level of experience.

      *Associate or Senior Planner:*

      - Part-time (minimally 20 hours a week) or Full-time (40 hours a week).
      - Responsibilities may include:
      - Consulting planning work at various City planning departments,
      including plan-checks, permit processing, counter work, report-writing,
      public speaking, attending evening Planning Commission / City Council
      meetings, long-range planning work)
      - Development approval projects, policy planning, and marketing
      efforts.
      - Applicants must have/demonstrate:
      - An undergraduate degree in Urban Planning or related field.
      Masters degree in planning or design field preferred.
      - A minimum of 3 years experience in the planning field, including at
      least 1 year prior experience working for a City planning department.
      - Solid CEQA knowledge and experience.
      - The ability to work independently and also be a great team player.
      - Good public speaking skills.

      *How to Apply:*

      Go to http://bit.ly/mgroupjobs and apply per instructions.