Job Announcement: Metropolitan Planning Group - Associate or Senior Planner

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2013
      Metropolitan Planning Group � Assoc. or Sr. Planner (California Bay Area �
      North Bay)*Location:*

      Petaluma, CA
      *Job Description:*

      M-Group exists to bring innovative and effective planning solutions to Bay
      Area cities. Since the creation of the firm in 2006, we have brought
      high-caliber planning services to 35 Bay Area communities. M-Group�s
      planners have extensive experience working on large, complex and
      high-profile projects and our staff brings together a range of
      accomplishments and a wealth of real-world experiences.
      http://www.mplanninggroup.com/

      M-Group is looking to hire a consulting planner for cities in the North
      Bay. We will consider applications at the Associate or Senior Planner level
      and fill the position at the appropriate level of experience.

      *Associate or Senior Planner:*

      This position may start with part-time (20 hrs/week) and ramp up to full
      time (40 hrs/week).

      - Responsibilities include project management for development review
      processing, report-writing, public speaking, and counter duty.
      - Some evening meetings (Planning Commission / City Council) are
      required.
      - Applicants must have/demonstrate:
      - An undergraduate degree in Urban Planning or related field.
      Masters degree in planning or design field is preferred.
      - A minimum of 3-5 years prior experience working for a City planning
      department.
      - Solid CEQA knowledge and experience.
      - The ability to work independently and also be a great team player.
      - Good public speaking skills.

      *How to Apply:*

      Go to http://bit.ly/mgroupjobs and apply per instructions.