Architecture for Humanity Summer 2013 Internships (volunteer)

  • jet200_girl
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2013
      If you are interested in working for a non-profit or design/architecture firm, AfH might be the place to start. There are a range of programs available to work on this summer, although once in it is pretty easy to find other projects to work on if you are so inclined. Unpaid, but for a great cause. My volunteer contract with AfH ended recently and I found the experience to be worthwhile.

      http://architectureforhumanity.org/updates/2013-01-18-summer-2013-internships-now-posted

      The 2013 Internship Program is now open for submission! We have 11 spots open for the taking, internships vary in skills from videography to research to graphic design, and are specifically geared towards a range of programs and studios.

      The spots:

      1) Graphic Design & Research // Reconstruction & Resiliency Studio
      2) Graphic Design & Research // Public Spaces and Infrastructure Studio
      3) Program Development // Public Spaces and Infrastructure Studio
      4) Graphic Design & Research // Enel Program
      5) Graphic Design & Research // Healthy Schools by Design Program
      6) Graphic Design, Social Media & Video // Guerrilla Green Program
      7) Graphic Design & Communications // Open Architecture Challenge Program
      8) Graphic Design & Research // Designed to Move Program
      9) Graphic Design & Research // Sports for Social Change Book Editing
      10) Development & Fundraising // I Love Architecture Campaign 2013
      11) Communications Internship // HQ

      To Apply
      If you wish to apply, please email the following to summerintern@... no later than February 28, 2013:
      ~Resume/CV
      ~Portfolio and/or work samples
      ~Professional writing sample (less than two pages)
      ~Also include a short proposal (no more than 500 words) describing your ideal internship experience at our headquarters. This proposal will help us solidify the internship positions we offer and further enable us to appropriately match prospective interns with our projects.

      Good luck!

      Syd Wayman
      M.Sc. Regional and Urban Planning Studies, 2012
      London School of Economics

      A radio lecture from one of my favorite flaneurs and urban studies lecturers, Will Self:
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01pw5vp