Local Food Lab Accelerator

  • Jason Su
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2013
      *Local Food Lab's Winter Accelerator Application is now open*

      Local Food Lab <http://www.localfoodlab.com/> is a startup lab for the
      ideas and companies that will change the food system. We create impact
      through entrepreneurship. By providing state-of-the-art entrepreneurial
      education and a dynamic network of diverse professional mentors, Local Food
      Lab supports entrepreneurs in transforming their ideas into thriving,
      sustainable ventures. The final day to apply to our Winter Food & Farm
      Startup Accelerator <http://www.localfoodlab.com/#!accelerator/clx6> is
      January 19, but applications submitted before January 2 are eligible for a
      scholarship. Apply
      here<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?pli=1&formkey=dDRXUXhUVzVNWkV6UjhaNzgtWTFNRmc6MQ#gid=0>
      .

      The Local Food Lab Accelerator is a six-week program located in the heart
      of Silicon Valley that helps entrepreneurs take an early stage idea for a
      food or farm startup and turn it into a complete business plan and product
      concept. We will work with any food or farm idea that simultaneously shows
      strong business potential and a social commitment. Entrepreneurs well
      suited for our program are those interested in creating startups that offer
      packaged and prepared food products, catering and food services, food+tech
      products, urban to medium-scale agricultural products and services, and
      programs that expand the interest and demand for a more sustainable food
      system.

      Each session will be organized around a critical element of business
      education, and always through the lens of sustainable food. Topics covered
      include market and industry analysis, product and service design, financial
      forecasting, sales and marketing strategy, development of a social mission
      statement, management of a mission aligned team, and the effective pitch
      and presentation of a new business. Students will meet and learn from a
      wide variety of food and agriculture industry mentors to help develop and
      grow their startups and networks. A delicious and sustainable lunch or
      dinner will be served at every class.

      The Winter Accelerator culminates in the capstone Venture Fair, where
      students will showcase their startups to investors, industry leaders,
      potential co-founders and key partners in the good food economy.

      Local Food Lab Alumni<http://www.localfoodlab.com/#!fall-accelerator-cohort/cdsq>
      include:

      Chef Surfing <https://chefsurfing.com/en/welcome>

      Real Good Food <http://www.realgoodfood.org/>

      Hungry Globetrotter <http://www.hungryglobetrotter.com/>

      My American Pantry <http://myamericanpantry.com/>

      Valley Girls Foodstuffs <http://www.valleygirlsfoodstuffs.com/>

      Brunched in the Face <http://brunchedintheface.tumblr.com/#>

      Brooklyn Bouillon <http://brooklynbouillon.com/>

      Like us on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Local-Food-Lab/281347065233349?ref=hl>
      &
      Follow us on Twitter <https://twitter.com/LocalFoodLab>

      --
      *Jason Su*
      Master of Urban Planning Candidate, 2013

      <http://www.facebook.com/citystudies>
      President | *Urban Planning Coalition |* www.theupc.org |
      Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/groups/135559372152/?ref=ts>
      President & Editor | *City Studies | *www.citystudies.org |