Unpaid internship - San Jose - Housing Trust of Santa Clara County- Social Media Intern

  • Asha Weinstein Agrawal
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2013
      SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN – HOUSING TRUST OF SANTA CLARA COUNTY

      HISTORY AND MISSION

      The mission of the Housing Trust of Santa Clara County is to make
      Silicon Valley a more affordable place to live. We make loans and
      grants to increase the supply of affordable housing, prevent
      homelessness, assist homebuyers, and stabilize neighborhoods and
      families hardest hit by foreclosures. Since 2001, the Housing Trust
      has invested over $45 million to create over 9300 affordable housing
      opportunities in Santa Clara County. In 2010, HTSCC, as the lead
      agency in the San Jose Consortium, was awarded $25,000,000 from the
      Neighborhood Stabilization Program 2 (NSP2) for foreclosure mitigation
      programs in San Jose. The Housing Trust is a certified Community
      Development Financial Institution.

      POSITION OVERVIEW

      The intern is responsible for increasing our online presence and
      keeping our message top of mind using social media: curating a blog,
      researching and posting news on housing policy, on housing needs and
      organizational accomplishments, and building our following in the
      Silicon Valley area. Leverage social networks to strengthen
      relationships with existing followers and build relations with policy
      makers, peer organizations, funders, stakeholders and clients.
      Increase the awareness of policy issues and of the Housing Trust, and
      help establish Housing Trust as a thought leader on housing policy in
      the Northern California area. Utilize blogging, social networking, and
      backlink building to raise our web presence and placement on web
      searches. This position will provide exposure to Silicon Valley
      leaders, enhance job skills development and develop increasing
      knowledge of poverty and housing policy in a fun and engaging work
      environment. This position is for 10 Hours weekly. After an initial
      period, some of the work may be performed remotely. This position
      will report to the Director of Fund Development.

      KEY GOALS AND RESPONSIBILITIES

      Increase the number of connections on social networks and
      click-throughs to blog. Curate a blog with frequent and meaningful
      content updates. Project-manage the blog with input from other staff
      and independent research.

      Knowledge and Skills Required:
      • Excellent written and oral communication skills
      • Ability to meet deadlines and stay on weekly schedule
      • Proficiency in using LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter & YouTube
      • Solid understanding and ability to research internet and social
      media marketing best practices
      • Good attention to detail
      • Knowledge of Wordpress or similar blogging software, preferred
      • Knowledge of key words, tagging, SEO, etc.
      • Knowledge and experience with Google+
      • Minimum G.P.A. of 3.0.

      Compensation: Unpaid. We will work with you for approved college
      credit if available through your school.

      Send a cover letter, resume and links to at least three examples of
      your social media work to
      jobs1@....

      No Calls Please.
      An equal opportunity employer to all regardless of race, color,
      national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious
      or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation.