Registration is now open for the California Climate Action Planning
Conference (CCAPC 2013) taking place on January 31st and February 1st on
the campus of California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo.
You are being notified because you signed up for the conference mailing
list and you are affiliated with the public or non-profit sector. Since
total conference registration will be limited to 200 participants, we are
giving you first shot at registering. We will make the broader registration
announcement on Monday. The registration website is here:
Registration is either $80 for standard or $40 for students and young
professionals (the registration page explains this). In addition, two
lunches are available for purchase at $15 each day. If you are a speaker at
the conference, you do not need to register.
Currently, sessions include:
Thu, Jan 31
• Keynote: Ken Alex [invited], Senior Policy Advisor to Governor
Jerry Brown, and, Director of the Governor’s Office of Planning & Research
• The State of Climate Action Planning in California
• What’s Next in GHG Emissions Quantification?
• Creative Approaches to Public Participation
• Innovative Ideas for the Next Generation of Climate Action Plans
• Collaborative Session on Knowledge Sharing
Fri, Feb 1
• Do California’s Climate Planning Laws Add Up?
• Assessing the Local Impacts of Climate Change
• Mainstreaming Climate Adaptation Planning
• Linking Climate Action and Public Health
• Lessons from the Trenches on What Works
• Now Comes the Hard Part: Implementing and Monitoring an Adopted CAP
• Seven Years after AB32 What have We Accomplished?
• Higher Education, Lower Emissions: The Role of Colleges and
Universities in Addressing Climate Change
• What’s Next in Climate Action Planning?
You can also see a list of confirmed speakers at:
The conference webpage will be updated by Monday to include information on
registration, accommodations, program/speakers, and sponsors:
We look forward to seeing you in San Luis Obispo!
Michael R. Boswell, Ph.D., AICP
Professor, City & Regional Planning Department
California Polytechnic State University
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407-0283
Phone: 805.756.2496 (voice) 756.1340 (FAX)
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]