July 31st: Walkable Oakland, Urban Ecology Annual Meeting

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2003
      Urban Ecology Annual Meeting

      Thursday, July 31

      6pm to 8pm

      ProArts Gallery

      461 Ninth Street at Broadway

      Downtown Oakland

      What is the relationship between community revitalization, safety and
      walkability?

      Join Urban Ecology and three experts in pedestrian issues for a case study
      of Oakland. Learn what we can do to make our streets walkable, and help
      Urban Ecology create an exciting new Walkable Streets Toolkit.

      Speakers:

      The Honorable Nate Miley - Alameda County Supervisor and Executive Director
      of United Seniors of Alameda County

      Tom Van Demark - Director, Oakland Pedestrian Safety Project

      James Corless - California Director, the Surface Transportation Policy
      Project

      Moderator:

      Diana Williams, Executive Director of Urban Ecology

      Elections will be held before the discussion.

      RSVP:

      Mary Ann Karonis, 510.251.6330

      urbanecology@...

      Urban Ecology works to create strong neighborhoods, thriving cities and
      healthy regions. We specialize in community planning that helps diverse
      stakeholders create a vision for change.