Internships with Silicon Valley Leadership Group
- *The Silicon Valley Leadership Group*
*Coordinator Positions / Internships* Policy Coordinator
Want to experience first-hand how public policy is developed on local,
state, and federal levels?
Want to make a difference in areas such as improving middle school math
greenhouse gas emissions, increasing the supply of affordable homes?
The Silicon Valley Leadership Group, a public policy trade association
engaged in quality of life and
bottom-line business issues on behalf of over 300 companies in Silicon
Valley, is looking for policy
- Assume responsibility for one major project in your selected issue
area with the assistance and
oversight of your mentor, for example in depth research on a proposed
policy measure, helping
to organize a major event, etc.
- Review and analyze proposed legislation or policy/regulatory changes,
recommendations for future action by the Leadership Group, as
appropriate. Interact with
legislative and government offices on policy issues.
- Assist in preparing for meetings with company and community leaders,
preparation and mailing, follow-up phone calls, meeting research and
minutes. Interns are also
allowed and encouraged to attend the meetings they have helped to
arrange and other
Leadership Group meetings and events to learn and to make contacts
- Prepare and present information to appropriate Leadership Group
committees or task forces.
Anticipate and be prepared to answer audience questions on issues.
- Assist other office staff and interns in administrative projects, as
* Focus on one of the following areas
- Health Policy
- Housing/Land Use
- Government Relations and Tax Policy
- Graphic Design & Web Development
This is a volunteer internship position. College credit may be available
through your school.
Time Commitment: Interns must commit to a minimum of fifteen hours per week
for a minimum of
three months. Individual circumstances will be considered on a case-by-case
Required skills: Comfort with using Microsoft Office Suite and with doing
Please send resumes and references to: kdrenner@.... Indicate your
interest in the policy areas (above) by order of preference.
Silicon Valley Leadership Group
2001 Gateway Place, Suite 101E
San Jose, CA 95110Phone: (408) 501-7864
Fax: (408) 501-7861
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]