Participate in a discussion about the California High Speed Rail project tomorrow (Thursday) at SJSU!

  • Christopher Lepe
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2012
      Will high speed rail become a reality?

      TransForm believes that high speed rail has the potential to reinforce cities as
      the hubs of our economy, relieve congested roads, plus help California meet
      clean air and greenhouse gas reduction goals. Yet it also has an enormous price
      tag, is being slapped by lawsuits, and has generated opposition in urban and
      rural areas alike. (Read more in TransForm's June 2012 report).
      Join Dan Richard, Chair of the California High Speed Rail Authority, Stuart
      Cohen, Executive Director of TransForm, Marian Lee from Caltrain, and Elizabeth
      Alexis from Californians Advocating Responsible Rail Design for a lively,
      honest, and candid discussion that promises to dig into some of the most
      confounding issues facing the project.

      Event details:

      · When: Thursday, November 29 at 6:00 p.m.
      · Where: San Jose State University, College of Engineering, Room 189
      · Cost: $10, free for students and TransForm supporters. Click here to
      register now.
      · Sponsored by: TransForm and the California Association of Environmental
      Professionals
      · What: A panel discussion on the future of high speed rail. The event
      includes light snacks and networking starting at 6:00 p.m.

      Download an event flier here to help spread the word! I hope to see you there.

      --
      Be part of the movement to transform transportation!

      Donate now and help us reach our 15 Year Anniversary Campaign goal of $75,000 by
      December 31 so we're ready to win in 2013.

      Chris Lepe, Community Planner, Silicon Valley

      TransForm
      48 South 7th Street, Suite #103, San Jose, CA 95112
      (408) 406-8074
      Sign up for our emails at www.TransFormCA.org.
      Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin, too.