UPC: 8/22 Meeting Notice

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2001
      Hello everyone,

      The Urban Planning Coalition will hold its third & final "Summer, 2001"
      meeting next Weds, August 22, in the Urban Planning Dept. lounge area
      (Washington Sq. Hall,Rm. 216) at 6:30 pm.

      We haven't written an agenda yet, but please do note that the minutes from
      the prior meeting are attached as a word document.

      A major part of this upcoming meeting will be spent working to get the
      lounge area more 'livable', to borrow from current planning lingo.
      That means discarding old magazines, inoperable equipment, updating
      bulleting boards, and anything else we think will make the area more
      inviting.

      In addition, we'll be revising the Mission Statement based upon the
      excellent email suggestions and comments that have been sent.

      Also, we'll discuss Dr. Bossard's generous offer to lead a bicycle tour of
      Davis,CA during the fall semester.

      Finally, Diana Salazar (academic advisor) has provided California Chapter
      American Planning Association Conference early registration forms (due 8/31
      to receive the discount)with her signature to verify student status so as to
      qualify for the student fee of $90 as opposed to $310 for APA member. Note
      - you need not be an APA to qualify for student status - you just must be a
      student. All forms distributed must be accounted for to ensure validity.

      This conference is Oct 20-22. (Sat-Mon). It will be held in Sacramento.

      We will consider setting a regular meeting day, frequency, time, and place
      for the fall semester

      I may not be in email contact until next week, so please email your concerns
      to Karli (Vice President), at : Keschwey@..., and copy me, please.

      A special 'Thanks' to those that attended the August 1 meeting and to those
      who contributed toward the Mission Statement revision.

      Cheers,

      Irvin/President - UPC