FT job - San Francisco - Urban Mapping - Geographic Storyteller

  • Asha Weinstein Agrawal
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2012
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------

      Wanted: Geographic Storyteller

      Date: 2012-11-15, 1:50PM

      Urban Mapping seeks candidates who marry design informed by technical
      skills to continually surprise and inspire by creating compelling
      visual stories with minimal direction. We seek a creative director to
      shape Mapfluence, our embedded geographic technology, and represent
      geographically-driven stories.

      Requirements

      - 3+ years in a professional capacity creating beautiful and
      compelling visualizations and stories
      - Client side development skills (Javascript, HTML5 experience)
      - Experience building API-driven mashups
      - Experience with TileMill, mapnik, postgis, SQL
      - Basic Python skills
      - Working knowledge of GIS tools (Manifold, QGIS, ArcGIS, etc. . .)
      - Minimum Bachelors degree in CS or equivalent
      - Mastery of design principles and aesthetics
      - Working knowledge of agile development practices

      Responsibility

      - Continually surprise and inspire by creating compelling visual
      stories with minimal direction
      Urban Mapping provides geospatial web and data services to simplify
      the development and deployment of online mapping and data
      visualization applications. Mapfluence service offers a solid
      technical infrastructure for mapping, custom base maps and the
      industry's most comprehensive on-demand data catalog. Since 2006,
      leading interactive publishers like Google, Yahoo! and Microsoft and
      leading enterprises like CoStar Group, Tableau Software and CoreLogic
      have utilized Urban Mapping's geospatial data and technology. For more
      information, please visit www.urbanmapping.com.

      This position pays a competitive base salary + benefits, including
      paid vacation, health insurance, stock options, training/education,
      centrally located in San Francisco's Financial District, two blocks
      from BART, regular company outings, food & fun, reasonable hours, no
      in-office foosball table or game console. We are a startup in name
      only--with over six years of operating experience, only seed financing
      and profitability, Urban Mapping isn't the typical Silicon Valley
      story, but we're passionate about what we do and strive for excellence
      in our work.

      To express interest in this position, the least interesting
      application would include a CV and PDF of past work. We want to see
      your delight for and passion in telling stories with maps. We are not
      looking for a cartographer in the traditional sense. If you skills are
      only well-honed in the areas of Photoshop and ESRI with output to PDF
      or large-format posters, this is likely not a role for you; our domain
      is creating maps and interactive experiences across a variety of
      devices and platforms. Please contact us at talent@...
      and indicate "STORYTELLER" in the subject line.

      Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
      Please, no phone calls about this job!
      Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or
      commercial interests.

      Original URL: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/med/3412326928.html

      this craigslist posting was forwarded to you by someone using our
      email-a-friend feature - if you want to prevent these, please go to:
      http://www.craigslist.org/cgi-bin/te/U2FsdGVkX18zMDEzOTMwMYfAwnINmOymN5dCo8slnz34gtnNbZibiy2KyCYFuSQgL-DZFqr0pwbHu0ycPBvUVBJzWengTSdO