Internship Opportunity at Barry Swenson Builder

  • Rebecca Walters
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2012
      DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT INTERNSHIP

      We are looking for an energetic, motivated and detail-oriented Intern to
      join our Development and Leasing team! The Assistant position is an
      excellent Internship opportunity for a qualified individual to develop and
      expand their knowledge and skill-set in the competitive field of Real Estate
      Development and Leasing. The position involves assisting in all phases of
      Real Estate Development and Leasing.

      ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:

      . Completes all projects and requests as directed by VP of Development.

      . Provide clerical support to various Project Managers including
      writing, word processing documents and letters; making and receiving phone
      calls; creating memos; maintaining records and files; faxing, emailing and
      mailing documents.

      . Assembles packages to various entities including Requests for
      Proposals (RFP's), marketing packages, leases, Purchase and Sale documents
      to government agencies, financial/equity partners, tenants, etc.

      . Works to obtain information on various acquisition projects;
      coordinates and documents escrow closings and assists with the preparation
      of partnership agreements.

      . Assist Project Managers with special projects and assignments;
      communicate with Property Managers and assist with leasing priorities.

      . Assists with loan draws.

      . Conduct monthly market surveys, understand competition and review
      pricing for portfolio

      . Perform on-site property inspections.

      . Establish and strengthen relationships with clients, tenants,
      businesses and organizations in the community through attending evening
      /daytime networking events.

      KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:

      . Excellent written/oral communication skills

      . Flexible; collaborative, ability to work with all levels of a
      multi-faceted corporation

      . Extreme attention to detail

      . Strong work ethic

      . Self-motivated and hard-working

      . High-energy and commitment to high performance in a busy, multi-task
      work environment

      QUALIFICATIONS: 0-3 years work experience. Currently studying for or
      having a Bachelor's degree in construction management, business, urban
      planning, architecture, community development, asset management or related
      field preferred.

      . Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word
      and Powerpoint), Google Apps, Adobe Illustrator/Photo Shop. At ease with
      all Social Media (i.e. You Tube, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter)

      We offer health insurance coverage, dental, an FSA Plan, vacation and sick
      benefits, floating holidays and 401(k).

      Please email your cover letter and resume to Bill Ryan, Development Vice
      President, at: <mailto:bryan@...>
      bryan@....

      Please include "Development Internship Position" in the subject line.

      . Compensation: Competitive + Bonus

      . Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.

      . Please, no phone calls about this job!

      . Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or
      commercial interests.