Career Opportunity: Urban Strategies Associate in SF

  • td_do
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2012

      More Sharing ServicesShare
      We're always looking for great people who have a passion for people and meeting the needs of their community. And we often have openings at many of the public facilities and venues that we develop, maintain and manage for our clients.

      As we grow our great team of Public Space professionals, we welcome inquiries and resume submissions from qualified professionals. Candidates interested in a position opening should contact us to learn more.

      Open Position

      Urban Strategies Associate
      Full-time, Exempt
 Application Deadline: December 14, 2012

      Position Summary
      Are you a self-starter who is organized, ambitious and comfortable in a fast-paced environment; also a creative thinker, a skilled writer, and passionate about cities? Are you ready to work in a high-growth professional services firm in downtown San Francisco?

      MJM Management Group (MJMMG) is a 20-year-old public space management and consulting company acclaimed for developing innovative, sustainable, and profitable strategies for complex urban settings. MJMMG provides integrated property management and consulting with an emphasis on maintaining and activating open space, developing/redeveloping urban places and creating special assessment districts.? MJMMG currently manages public open space at Yerba Buena Gardens, Union Square, Mission Bay, and many other sites.

      MJMMG is expanding its consulting business and seeks an energetic, enthusiastic urbanist. The right person will help us form public-private partnerships that create community benefit districts, business improvement districts and urban activation plans. This new position combines both urban planning analysis and work with various stakeholders including property and business owners and neighborhood organizations.

      In this growth position you will:

      Conduct community outreach
      Represent MJM at community meetings
      Produce meeting agendas and minutes
      Maintain mailing lists and databases
      Develop property and service maps
      Propose and evaluate service plans
      Obtain input from assessment and legal consultants
      Work on teams with operations staff
      Author community-wide management plans
      Conduct campaigns for adoption of assessment districts
      Provide general administrative and logistical support
      Contribute articles to MJM's website and urban affairs blogs
      Minimum qualifications

      Bachelor's degree in urban studies, city planning, environmental planning, government, urban economics, geography, public affairs, or related subject.
      2 to 4 years exp in a related field
      Sensitivity to the political and interpersonal aspects of urban planning
      Communicate clearly and effectively in person and in writing
      Experience in web, blog and social networking tools
      Intermediate to Advance skill level in MS Office
      Adobe CS and GIS skills a plus
      To apply, send your cover letter and resume to jobs@..., with job title in subject line.
      Cover letters will help us assess your professional writing skills. No phone calls.

 Principals only.

      Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster about other services, products, or commercial interests.