Forum: High Speed Rail: Finally on Track? (SJSU; 11/29)

  • Asha Weinstein Agrawal
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2012
      [From http://www.transformca.org/events/forum-high-speed-rail%5d

      High Speed Rail: Finally on Track?
      Start: 11/29/2012 6:00 pm
      End: 11/29/2012 9:00 pm

      Link for more information:
      https://secure.commonground.convio.com/TransForm/highspeedra...

      Location:
      San Jose State University One Washington Square, San Jose, CA

      Here’s a question on many of our minds: will high speed rail become a reality?

      TransForm believes that high speed rail has the potential to reinforce
      cities as the hubs of our economy, relieve congested roads, plus help
      California meet clean air and greenhouse gas reduction goals. Yet it
      also has an enormous price tag, is being slapped by lawsuits and has
      generated opposition in cities and farms alike. (Read more in
      TransForm's June 2012 report).

      Join Dan Richard, Chair of the California High Speed Rail Authority,
      and special guests for a lively discussion on overcoming some of the
      most confounding issues facing the project and addressing community
      concerns. Sponsored by TransForm and the California Association of
      Environmental Professionals, this event will be on Thursday, November
      29, 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. at San Jose State University.

      Registration is $10 ($5 for students). Register here:
      https://secure.commonground.convio.com/TransForm/highspeedrailfinallyontrack/

      AEP Members, register here:
      http://www.califaep.org/index.php?option=com_jcalpro&extmode=flat&Itemid=290