Save the date! California Climate Action Planning Conference, Jan 31 & Feb 1, 2013

  • Asha Weinstein Agrawal
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2012
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Michael R. Boswell <mboswell@...>
      Date: Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 5:41 PM
      Subject: Fwd: Save the date! California Climate Action Planning Conference,
      Jan 31 & Feb 1, 2013

      If you are having trouble viewing this email, click
      here<http://planning.calpoly.edu/ccapc2013>[
      http://planning.calpoly.edu/ccapc2013%5d.
      *California Climate Action Planning Conference � CCAPC 2013* Thursday,
      January 31 and Friday, February 1, 2013 California Polytechnic State
      University, San Luis Obispo *Join your fellow climate professionals in
      beautiful San Luis Obispo for the first conference to focus solely on the
      practice of local and regional climate action planning in California**.
      Hosted by Cal Poly San Luis Obispo in partnership with the Governor�s
      Office of Planning and Research (OPR), the two-day conference will feature
      in-depth presentations and discussions on both technical and political
      facets of climate action planning. The conference will be held on the Cal
      Poly campus and will feature experts and practitioners from around the
      state.* *Conference Partners*

      Cal Poly College of Architecture and Environmental Design

      Cal Poly City & Regional Planning Department

      Governor�s Office of Planning and Research

      *Registration*

      Registration will open in November. If you would like to be on our mailing
      list please fill out the form at this link:
      http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CCAPC2013

      *Conference Sponsors*
      We are in the process of identifying sponsors. Please contact Mike Boswell
      (mboswell@... <%20mboswell@...>) if you are interested in a
      sponsorship opportunity.

      Conference Leadership

      *Conference Organizers*
      Michael R. Boswell, Ph.D., AICP, Professor of City & Regional Planning
      Adrienne I. Greve, Ph.D., Associate Professor of City & Regional Planning

      *Steering Committee*
      Matt Burris, Raimi & Associates
      Jeff Henderson, PMC
      Michael McCormick, Governor�s Office of Planning & Research
      Ian Peterson, Bay Area Air Quality Management District
      Jillian Rich, PG&E
      Honey Walters, Ascent Environmental

      *Schedule* The final schedule is under development and should be released
      in November. Anticipated sessions include:

      - GHG Accounting
      - GHG Emissions Reduction
      - Public Participation
      - Climate Adaptation
      - Climate Vulnerability Assessment
      - Plan and Policy Development
      - CAP Implementation
      - SB375 & CEQA
      - University CAPs

      For more information, contact Mike Boswell at mboswell@... or
      sign-up for our mailing list to get the latest updates:
      http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CCAPC2013

      --
      Michael R. Boswell, Ph.D., AICP
      Professor, City & Regional Planning Department