Temp job - Oakland - Transform - GreenTRIP Program Associate

  • Asha Weinstein Agrawal
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2012
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Planning Jobs | Department of City and Regional Planning at
      Berkeley <webmaster@...>
      Date: Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 9:42 PM
      Subject: Planning Jobs - Department of City and Regional Planning at Berkeley

      GreenTRIP Program Associate - Temporary

      TransForm, a leading environmental and social equity nonprofit, is
      seeking a temporary associate to work on two of our land use
      initiatives; the GreenTRIP Certification Program and the nascent Great
      Access/Deep Affordability Initiative. TransForm seeks an experienced,
      highly organized individual with excellent research, quantitative
      analysis, and communication skills. The position will last until
      approximately February while funding is being sought for a permanent
      position. This position will be located in our downtown Oakland office
      but will also include significant flexibility to work from home. ABOUT
      TRANSFORM TransForm works to create world-class public transportation
      and walkable communities in the Bay Area and beyond. We build diverse
      coalitions, influence policy, and develop innovative programs to
      improve the lives of all people and protect the environment. We
      achieve this mission by working with groups and people representing a
      broad range of backgrounds and perspectives. ABOUT THE POSITION The
      Associate will work closely with the GreenTRIP Program Director to
      expand the certification program. Developers of GreenTRIP certified
      developments are choosing walkable, transit-oriented locations and
      providing their residents with free or discounted transit passes and
      carshare memberships. By providing these incentives, and usually
      affordable housing as well, the developers are able to significantly
      reduce the amount of parking they provide – replacing portions of
      expensive garages with amenities such green space, childcare centers,
      cafés or more affordable homes. The GreenTRIP pilot project
      illustrated that a new paradigm of truly low-traffic development is
      possible. To bring the benefits of GreenTRIP to a larger scale the
      associate will also help TransForm launch the new Great Access/Deep
      Affordability initiative. Included as part of the Bay Area’s recent
      HUD Sustainable Communities Grant this initiative will work to create
      a dynamic model and web interface that will unleash the power to
      ensure that transit rich neighborhoods are vibrant places filled with
      people of all incomes, rather than filled with traffic. See our
      website for more details. RESPONSIBILITIES The specific
      responsibilities will be tailored the applicant’s background and
      skills but may include: Meeting with developers to understand
      development proposals and make recommendations for the best GreenTRIP
      traffic reductions strategies. Compiling all of the most relevant
      empirical studies on parking and trip generation with Bay Area data,
      and creating an effective method for organizing and comparing the
      data. Initiating conversations with affordable housing developers re:
      engagement in the project and potential for additional data to ensure
      the benefits of low-income development are fully realized in the
      project. Supporting the new Technical and Stakeholder Committees to
      facilitate development of the dynamic model. Comparing and clarify
      inputs and outputs of traffic analysis and sketch model tools such as
      URBEMIS, Urban Footprint, and Caleemod. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS Strong
      research, analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
      Experience with parking and transportation related planning and
      development policies, codes, and processes. Adept with Microsoft
      Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Creative Suite
      (InDesign, Illustrator) and ArcGIS 10+. Experience with planning
      meetings, competent at developing presentations and supporting
      materials. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS Experience with Application Program
      Interfaces API’s and developing web services. Experience with
      website maintenance and contact databases like Salesforce. Program
      management and implementation. Fun, flexible and ready to make a big
      impact. COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS This is a full-time (37.5
      hours/week), non-exempt position. Salary $3,500 to $5,000 per month.
      We offer a friendly, fast-paced, workplace. Our staff is focused on
      making positive change in the world, celebrates diversity and is
      committed to being intentionally inclusive in all of our
      relationships. TransForm is an equal opportunity employer. People of
      color and women are strongly encouraged to apply. HOW TO APPLY
      Interested individuals are invited to send a letter of interest and
      resume. The letter should be one to two pages and concisely describe
      the candidate’s experience and skills that are most applicable to
      the position. The letter and resume should be made into a single
      document in Word or PDF format titled:
      lastname_firstname_letterandresume.doc OR
      lastname_firstname_letterandresume.pdf Please send to:
      LUPA@.... No faxes or mailed hard copies. Resumes will be
      reviewed on a rolling basis. To see if the position is still
      available, please go to www.TransFormCA.org and check if it is still
      listed in the “Jobs†section of our website.

      Firm Name: TransForm

      Location: 436 14th Street, Suite 600, Oakland, CA 94612

      Payment: Paid

      Contact: Ann Cheng
      Email: lupa@...
      Phone: 510-740-3150x316