Town of Moraga - Assistant/Associate Planner
- Town of Moraga
*$27.14/hr - $28.50/hr - $29.92/hr - $31.42/hr - $32.99/hr*
*Temporary Position *
*Start Date: Immediately (up to 6 months)*
*Hours: Monday � Friday, 8:00 am � 5:00 pm, up to 40 hours per week*
The Town of Moraga is seeking a temporary full-time planner to augment its
planning staff. The planner will perform a range of duties, including but
not limited to design review; plan check review, counter/phone inquiries,
development processing, environmental review/CEQA compliance, verification
of conditions of approval, code enforcement, and provide technical and
professional information to the public. The classification and rate of pay
(Assistant or Associate) will depend on the experience and qualifications
of the individual selected. The incumbent of the temporary position is
eligible to apply for a permanent position through a future recruitment
*DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Review and process a variety of planning applications, including site
plans, architectural plans, landscape plans, signs, re-zoning, subdivision,
conditional use, variance, and other similar applications (as specifically
- Analyze development proposals in comparison with the applicable Design
Guidelines, Zoning Ordinance, General Plan, and other appropriate standards.
- Prepare and present staff reports and recommendations regarding
applications for the Design Review Board and Planning Commission.
- Discuss and communicate development requirements and application
details with the public, adjoining property owners, developers, architects,
- Prepare reports, studies, and other information regarding planning
issues and topics as assigned by the Planning Director.
- Coordinate and prepare all necessary public notices for assigned
- Conduct site visits and other investigations as necessary to document
conditions affecting development applications.
- Make recommendations regarding CEQA and prepare initial studies.
- Maintain application and address files regarding assigned development
- Other duties, as assigned by the Planning Director. This description
is intended to provide a general overview of typical duties, as well as the
complexity of the work to be performed by this staff member. It is not
intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities or specific
tasks and other duties are typically assigned dependent upon the needs of
*EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS*
- Bachelor�s degree in Urban Planning, Geography, Landscape
Architecture, Urban Design, Public Policy, or closely related field
- Two years minimum of planning experience in a municipal environment
required; four years desired.
- Working knowledge and understanding of CEQA.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in dealing tactfully and courteously with the public in a
- Thorough attention to detail* *and ability to follow projects through
- Computer expertise, particularly with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel,
- Ability to work independently.
- Possession of a valid California driver�s license is required.
$27.14 - $28.50 - $29.92 - $31.42 - $32.99 per hour depending on experience.
Compensation is based on hours worked with no benefits.
Submit a completed Town Application, r�sum� and three (3) professional
references. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate in
an interview process. A Town Application is required and is available at
the Town of Moraga, Administrative Services Department, 2100 Donald Drive,
Moraga, by calling 925-888-7033, or by downloading at
Submissions may be mailed or delivered to the Town of Moraga, Attn: Admin
Services Dept., 2100 Donald Drive, Moraga, CA 94556 or emailed to the Town
of Moraga, Admin Services Dept. at shom@.... AA/EOE. *Open Until
In accordance with the Federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if
special accommodations are necessary at any stage of the selection process,
please contact the Administrative Services Department at 925-888-7033.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]