Job Announcement: Green TRIP Program Associate, TransForm

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2012
      GreenTRIP Program Associate - Temporary
      JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Temporary PositionGreenTRIP Program Associate - Full-Time
      Non-Exempt

      Download PDF: GreenTRIP Program Associate Job
      Announcement<http://www.transformca.org/files/greentrip_program_associate_-_temporary_sept_7_2012.pdf>
      TransForm, a leading environmental and social equity nonprofit, is seeking
      a temporary associate to work on two of our land use initiatives; the
      GreenTRIP Certification Program and the nascent Great Access/Deep
      Affordability Initiative. TransForm seeks an experienced, highly organized
      individual with excellent research, quantitative analysis, and
      communication skills.
      The position will last until approximately February while funding is being
      sought for a permanent position. This position will be located in our
      downtown Oakland office but will also include significant flexibility to
      work from home.

      ABOUT TRANSFORM
      TransForm works to create world-class public transportation and walkable
      communities in the Bay Area and beyond. We build diverse coalitions,
      influence policy, and develop innovative programs to improve the lives of
      all people and protect the environment. We achieve this mission by working
      with groups and people representing a broad range of backgrounds and
      perspectives.

      ABOUT THE POSITION
      The Associate will work closely with the GreenTRIP Program Director to
      expand the certification program. Developers of GreenTRIP certified
      developments are choosing walkable, transit-oriented locations and
      providing their residents with free or discounted transit passes and
      carshare memberships. By providing these incentives, and usually
      affordable housing as well, the developers are able to significantly reduce
      the amount of parking they provide � replacing portions of
      expensive garages with amenities such green space, childcare centers, caf�s
      or more affordable homes. The GreenTRIP pilot project illustrated that a
      new paradigm of truly low-traffic development is possible.

      To bring the benefits of GreenTRIP to a larger scale the associate will
      also help TransForm launch the new Great Access/Deep Affordability
      initiative. Included as part of the Bay Area�s recent HUD Sustainable
      Communities Grant this initiative will work to create a dynamic model and
      web interface that will unleash the power to ensure that transit rich
      neighborhoods are vibrant places filled with people of all incomes, rather
      than filled with traffic. See our website for more details.

      RESPONSIBILITIES
      The specific responsibilities will be tailored the applicant�s background
      and skills but may include:

      - Meeting with developers to understand development proposals and make
      recommendations for the best GreenTRIP traffic reductions strategies.
      - Compiling all of the most relevant empirical studies on parking and
      trip generation with Bay Area data, and creating an effective method for
      organizing and comparing the data.
      - Initiating conversations with affordable housing developers re:
      engagement in the project and potential for additional data to ensure the
      benefits of low-income development are fully realized in the project.
      - Supporting the new Technical and Stakeholder Committees to facilitate
      development of the dynamic model.
      - Comparing and clarify inputs and outputs of traffic analysis and
      sketch model tools such as URBEMIS, Urban Footprint, and Caleemod.

      REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS

      - Strong research, analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
      - Experience with parking and transportation related planning and
      development policies, codes, and processes.
      - Adept with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe
      Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator) and ArcGIS 10+.
      - Experience with planning meetings, competent at developing
      presentations and supporting materials.

      DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS

      - Experience with Application Program Interfaces API�s and developing
      web services.
      - Experience with website maintenance and contact databases like
      Salesforce.
      - Program management and implementation.
      - Fun, flexible and ready to make a big impact.

      COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
      This is a full-time (37.5 hours/week), non-exempt position. Salary $3,500
      to $5,000 per month. We offer a friendly, fast-paced, workplace. Our
      staff is focused on making positive change in the world, celebrates
      diversity and is committed to being intentionally inclusive in all of our
      relationships. TransForm is an equal opportunity employer. People of
      color and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
      HOW TO APPLY
      Interested individuals are invited to send a letter of interest and resume.
      The letter should be one to two pages and concisely describe the
      candidate�s experience and skills that are most applicable to the position.

      The letter and resume should be made into a single document in Word or PDF
      format titled: lastname_firstname_letterandresume.doc OR
      lastname_firstname_letterandresume.pdf

      Please send to: *LUPA@...*. No faxes or mailed hard
      copies. *Resumes
      will be **reviewed on a rolling basis. To see if the position is still
      available, please go to www.TransFormCA.org **and check if it is still
      listed in the �Jobs� section of our website. *

      First Posted September 7, 2012.