Job announcement: Planner III, AECOM, Sacramento

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2012
      Planner III , Urban Planning

      AECOM <http://www.linkedin.com/companies/15656?dspporc=&trk=jobtocomp>- US
      - Sacramento, CA (Sacramento, California Area)
      Job Description*Why Choose AECOM?*
      Imagine working for a truly global company whose 45,000 employees share a
      singular passion: to make the world a better place. We enjoy what we do at
      AECOM. We bring projects to life in the cities and communities in which we
      work, and we�re driven by a set of values and a common purpose � to create,
      enhance and sustain the world�s built, natural and social environments.
      Innovation is built into every project we manage and every community we
      serve. We�ll provide you support in an environment that allows you to grow
      and succeed. Come share your passion with us.

      *About the Business Line*
      Design + Planning
      Our professionals specialize in design, master planning, environmental and
      ecological planning, strategic planning and economic development. We create
      implementable solutions that promote sustainable land use and enhance
      quality of life.

      Job Description

      The successful candidate will have experience in preparing a wide range of
      plans, analytic reports, designs, sketches, diagrams, schematic drawings
      and working drawings for a variety of projects, from urban regeneration to
      natural resource oriented projects. The candidate will develop solutions to
      complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
      This position requires the exercise of considerable latitude in determining
      the technical objectives of assignments and requires experience with client
      relations, project management, directing the work of project staff, and
      ensuring the overall quality and completeness of work performed to the
      client�s satisfaction.

      This position also requires:

      � An undergraduate or graduate college degree in architecture, landscape
      architecture, or urban design.

      � At least 12 years of progressively responsible urban planning and design
      and project management experience in a broad range or projects (master
      plans, specific plans, general plans, other policy plans, development
      codes, design guidelines, urban regeneration plans, ecosystem restoration,
      open space and parks planning, etc.).

      � Experience in working with both public and private sector clients in a
      variety of contexts (urban infill and redevelopment, new communities,
      downtowns, business and industrial parks, rural communities, etc.).

      � Knowledge of California planning and environmental regulations.

      � Extensive working experience with a variety of software and design
      platforms (including MS Office Suite, Adobe CS4 Suite, and AutoCAD).

      LEED accreditation is high desired.

      *What We Offer*
      AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business
      skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and
      motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of
      the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects
      worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice
      and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM
      is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
      Company DescriptionAECOM (NYSE: ACM) is a global provider of professional
      technical and management support services to a broad range of markets,
      including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and
      government.

      With approximately 45,000 employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in
      all of the key markets that it serves. AECOM provides a blend of global
      reach, local knowledge, innovation, and technical excellence in delivering
      solutions that create, enhance and sustain the world's built, natural and
      social environments.

      A Fortune 500 company, AECOM serves clients in more than 130 countries and
      had revenue of $8.2 billion during the 12 months ended March 31, 2012. More
      information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
      Additional InformationPosted:September 10, 2012Type:Full-timeExperience:Not
      ApplicableFunctions:Strategy/Planning, Other Industries:Architecture &
      Planning, Civil Engineering, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering Employer
      Job ID:78653BRJob ID:3716648

      - Apply on Company
      Website<http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?externalApply=&jobId=3716648&url=https%3A%2F%2Fjobs%2Eaecom%2Ecom%2F1033%2FASP%2FTG%2Fcim_jobdetail%2Easp%3Fpartnerid%3D20052%26siteid%3D5022%26jobId%3D503456%26Codes%3DIN_LinkedIn&urlhash=lSGu>

      Search More Jobs