Job Announcement: Senior Economic Planner (sustainability-focused)

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2012
      Senior Economic Planner (Sustainability-focused)

      AECOM <http://www.linkedin.com/companies/15656?dspporc=&trk=jobtocomp>- US
      - San Francisco, CA (San Francisco Bay Area)
      Job Description*Why Choose AECOM?*
      Imagine working for a truly global company whose 45,000 employees share a
      singular passion: to make the world a better place. We enjoy what we do at
      AECOM. We bring projects to life in the cities and communities in which we
      work, and we're driven by a set of values and a common purpose to create,
      enhance and sustain the world's built, natural and social environments.
      Innovation is built into every project we manage and every community we
      serve. We'll provide you support in an environment that allows you to grow
      and succeed. Come share your passion with us.

      *About the Business Line*
      Economics We provide services with a concentration in economic analysis.
      Our economic services encompass planning and programming, measuring and
      testing, and strategy and implementation for a broad range of clients.

      Job Description
      AECOM seeks a senior consultant to join the Sustainable Development Group
      of its global Planning + Economics Practice Line. The primary emphasis of
      the group is to promote socioeconomic and environmental sustainability in
      local and regional planning and policy projects (e.g., urban regeneration,
      infrastructure finance, climate change policy) . This is accomplished
      through employing rigorous economic techniques and developing innovative
      analytical approaches to providing solutions for delivering sustainability
      in varied domestic and international contexts.
      Qualified candidates will have excellent analytical and writing skills with
      a professional background and/or education in sustainability, natural
      resource planning, urban and real estate economics, urban planning, or
      policy modeling/design. The candidate must have demonstrated experience in
      socioeconomic and/or environmental sustainability, with a particular
      emphasis on quantitative analytical approaches to developing innovative
      solutions to complex challenges facing cities and regions.

      Education and Skill Requirements:

      7-10 years of experience at a planning and/or economics consulting firm, or
      equivalent. Demonstrated experience managing projects, conducting and
      overseeing analysis, and managing a small team in one or more of the
      following fields: sustainable development, economic development, natural
      resources/agriculture, renewable energy, infrastructure, transportation and
      land-use/environmental policy design.
      Proven track record of business development and client management,
      including experience writing proposals and securing work.
      Established relationships with clients in the field of economic and
      planning consulting, such as local and state agencies, utilities and real
      estate developers, desirable.
      Masters Degree (Economics, City and Regional Planning, Public Policy or
      Business Administration with a concentration in real estate) from an
      accredited university. Course work in urban planning and real estate,
      environmental economics and management, or a field related to
      sustainability planning.
      Excellent quantitative skills; experience with financial and economic
      modeling desirable.
      Fluency with Microsoft Office Suite imperative; experience with other
      quantitative/statistical programs such as SAS, SPSS, IMPLAN, REMI and
      InVEST, desirable.
      Experience with GIS and other spatial analytical systems desirable.
      Strong sense of commitment, a willingness to learn more and a desire to
      work in a dynamic, deadline-driven team environment.
      Excellent communication and writing skills are critical.
      Spanish speaking and writing ability desirable.

      Example Project Types:
      Market study for master-planned sustainable community Cost-benefit analysis
      for climate action plan
      Triple bottom line assessment of infrastructure alternatives
      Economic impact of greenhouse gas reduction policy
      Energy efficiency / green building policy modeling
      Development projections and carbon emissions modeling
      Pro forma and feasibility analysis for urban redevelopment
      Socioeconomic analysis for environmental impact report
      Cost effectiveness of alternative energy investments
      Nexus study for planned infrastructure in response to new development
      Fiscal impact analysis for transit village
      Economic assessment of the ecological value of endangered habitat
      Affordable housing policy analysis

      *What We Offer*
      AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business
      skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and
      motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of
      the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects
      worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice
      and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM
      is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

      Company DescriptionAECOM (NYSE: ACM) is a global provider of professional
      technical and management support services to a broad range of markets,
      including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and

      With approximately 45,000 employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in
      all of the key markets that it serves. AECOM provides a blend of global
      reach, local knowledge, innovation, and technical excellence in delivering
      solutions that create, enhance and sustain the world's built, natural and
      social environments.

      A Fortune 500 company, AECOM serves clients in more than 130 countries and
      had revenue of $8.2 billion during the 12 months ended March 31, 2012. More
      information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.