Job Announcement: Environmental Planner, CH2M HILL

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2012
      Environmental Planner - Oakland, CA

      *CH2M HIL**L*<http://www.linkedin.com/companies/3739?dspporc=&trk=jobtocomp>
      * * <http://www.linkedin.com/companies/3739?dspporc=&trk=jobtocomp>- Oakland,
      CA (San Francisco Bay Area)
      Job Description

      *Why CH2M HILL*

      For decades, CH2M HILL has been a global leader in *engineering,
      consulting, design, program management, construction and operations*,
      working on the most challenging and impactful projects around the world.
      Through these challenging projects, we develop our people � who transform
      complex and creative ideas into reality, every day. Join us and together
      we can work to build a sustainable world. We *support* you to reach your
      greatest *career goals* through continued *professional development*, a
      positive *work life balance* and undeniably *cool engineering projects*.
      Join employee-owned CH2M HILL and discover why our *diverse* *team* has
      been consistently ranked as one of the *leading employers*and repeatedly
      recognized by *FORTUNE* magazine as one of the �*100 Best Companies to Work
      For**�*.

      *About the Business*
      *Environmental Jobs at CH2M HILL** **

      Today, the importance of environmental stewardship is unprecedented. As
      businesses go �Green� and society becomes more proactive, your role inCH2M
      HILL�s Environmental Group provides opportunities to participate in
      projects that will protect the Earth�s natural resources. We help our
      clients in both government and industry markets safeguard and restore
      natural resources as cost-effectively as possible. Overall it is a
      monumental task, but with each day, we have the opportunity to limit our
      footprint. Ready? Let�s Get to Work.
      Description and Desired Qualifications
      CH2M HILL Environmental Planner Jobs - Oakland, Califonia

      * Position will be located in the Walnut Creek Office and San Ramon Office

      The challenge? Provide environmental and land use planning knowledge to
      help with industrial projects including wind power permitting, siting and
      licensing of other energy production and transmission projects,
      environmental impact statement support, biological and cultural assessment
      support, CEQA/NEPA support, and general land use planning for environmental
      projects. In this position, you will serve as a team member working with
      scientists, engineers, project managers, and junior project staff. Each
      day, as an environmental professional, you will contribute to
      multi-disciplinary project teams in all phases of the execution and
      delivery of siting and licensing projects. You should be a self-motivated
      professional with 4 years of environmental permitting documentation
      experience and have a Bachelor�s Degree in Environmental Science, Planning,
      or Environmental Engineering. You should also have a desire to grow
      personally as well as professionally with each project.

      Our Environmental Planners:

      *

      � *Demonstrated success with research, analysis and reporting*

      *

      *

      � *Be a self-starter, team-oriented professional with effective
      written and communication skills Be familiar with review and analysis of
      scientific data, maps and drawings*

      *Additional Information:

      *

      *
      *

      � *Relocation assistance is not available for this position.*

      *

      *

      � *CH2M HILL will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g. H-1 B visa,
      etc) to fill this position.

      Basic Qualifications
      *

      *
      *

      � *BA/BS degree in Urban, Regional or Environmental Land Use
      Planning or a related field.

      Preferred Qualifications
      In addition to the basic qualifications the qualifications below are highly
      desired but not required:

      *

      * *

      � *Masters degree in Urban, Regional or Environmental Land Use
      Planning or a related field *

      *

      *

      � *3 Years of Experienc*

      *

      *

      *Primary Skills:*

      *
      *

      � *CEQA experience a plus*

      *

      *

      � *NEPA experience a plus*

      *

      *

      � *CPUC experience a plus*

      *

      *

      � *CEC experience a plus*

      *
      What you will find

      *

      *At CH2M HILL, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each
      day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help
      build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with
      accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you
      will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at
      CH2M HILL. Ready? Let�s get to work.*

      *

      *

      *Developing People through Challenging Projects**
      CH2M HILL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.*