CSR Jobs | Mgr, eBay Green and Sustainability at eBay

  • td_do
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2012

      eBay Inc.'s businesses start from a greener place, but we don't stop there. We are committed to running our business in ways that promote more sustainable forms of commerce and have less impact on the planet. We manage efforts to improve our positive impact, and reduce our corporate footprint, through a matrix of diverse teams embedded throughout our business.

      The corporate center based sustainability team serves as the hub for global strategy related to sustainability for eBay Inc. It also serves as catalyst, incubator and early stage manager for new programs and initiatives that meet our sustainability objectives and advance eBay's leadership in shaping a new era of more sustainable commerce. The sustainability team also stewards a community of over 300,000 eBay customers and employees that, as Green Team members, have pledged to `buy, sell, and think green every day' – tapping their innovation and enthusiasm as ambassadors to the wider eBay community, and beyond.

      Specific responsibilities include:
      • Driving strategy and programs that leverage eBay Inc. businesses to articulate and advance more sustainable forms of commerce – from buying and selling to paying and shipping, working in collaboration with other sustainability team members.
      • Independently managing high profile projects from incubation to launch, liaising with multiple internal stakeholders, including legal, product, engineering, other citizenship teams, vertical businesses, communications and marketing. Acting as a change agent internally to drive socially responsible thinking into key business units across the company.
      • Serving as managing editor for green.ebay, the online home for the eBay Green Team. Promoting and evolving the eBay Inc. perspective of sustainability outside the company through green.ebay and partnerships with like-minded outlets.
      • Building innovative partnerships with other leading companies and organizations in the sustainability space, balancing corporate priorities and internal stakeholder needs.
      • Building and maintaining relationships with external stakeholder groups, including NGOs, academia and industry associations.

      Job Requirements/Qualifications:
      • 8+ years of tangible experience directly engaging consumers in sustainability or societal impact efforts
      • Experience working in an online commerce, communications or technology company
      • Demonstrated ability to influence at all levels, including executive
      • Outstanding writer and communicator
      • In-depth understanding of sustainability principles, issues and politics
      • Proven experience `selling in' ideas and concepts and getting buy in from multiple stakeholders
      • Flexibility, open mindedness, collaborative nature and sense of humor absolutely essential
      • Only applicants with a passion for societal impact need apply

      www.ebaycareers.com | 51311BR