Four job openings with TransForm (Sacramento and Oakland)

  • Rick Kos
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2012
      From Chris Lepe, Community Planner at Transform San Jose:

      *Trans*Form* job announcements
      *
      TransForm, a leading environmental and social justice nonprofit, has three
      job openings. TransForm works to create world-class public transportation
      and walkable communities in the Bay Area and beyond. We build diverse
      coalitions, influence policy, and develop innovative programs to improve
      the lives of all people and protect the environment.

      *Program Assistant, Development and ClimatePlan: *TransForm and ClimatePlan
      seek an organized and detail-oriented program assistant. This position is
      integral in keeping things humming both behind the scenes and at events for
      the TransForm development staff and ClimatePlan. It includes a wide range
      of administrative tasks, from data entry, invoicing, and gift processing to
      supporting different types of events and communications.

      *Chief Operating Officer: *TransForm seeks an experienced professional to
      provide leadership on TransForm's organizational development and equity and
      inclusion initiatives, and oversight on finance, administration, and
      communications. This position is part of a three-person executive team along
      with the Executive Director and Deputy Director, whose responsibilities are
      focused on policy initiatives, program development, and fundraising. This
      is a unique opportunity to play a leadership role in shaping the future
      development of a highly respected, nationally recognized organization. If
      you have read the full job announcement and have questions about the
      position, please contact our executive search firm at
      byronj@....

      *State Policy Director AND State Campaign Organizer (2 positions): *TransForm
      seeks two experienced, dynamic professionals to lead our work on state
      transportation policy, including campaigns to increase funding for public
      transportation and to ensure that state policies support equity,
      environmental, and health goals. These positions work very closely with
      each other and the precise roles will be tailored to the skills and
      experience of the team that is hired. In general, the Policy Director is
      responsible for policy work inside the capitol and with our statewide
      allies (e.g., tracking bills and working with allies on legislative
      strategies). The Organizer´┐Żs responsibilities include educating and
      mobilizing stakeholders across California, implementing communication and
      media strategies, and organizing the Transportation Choices Summit and
      Advocacy Day. This is a tremendous opportunity to influence the direction
      of transportation policy in California.

      *For the full job announcements,
      http://www.transformca.org/about-us/jobs-transform
      *
      TransForm's staff is focused on making positive change in the world,
      celebrates diversity and is committed to being intentionally inclusive in
      all of our relationships. TransForm is an equal opportunity employer.
      People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply. The State
      Policy Director and State Campaign Organizer will be based out of our
      Sacramento office; the other two positions will be based in our Oakland
      office.