Internship - San Francisco - CDM Smith - Transportation Planning

  • Asha Weinstein Agrawal
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9, 2012
      [For details, start at
      http://cdmsmith.com/join-us/brassring_recent_graduates.htm and then
      click on "search openings"]
      ________________

      Requisition ID 11354BR

      Company: CDM Smith

      Job Title Masters Intern-Transportation Planning

      Location California - San Francisco

      Job Description As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM
      Smith's mission by: Assisting planners and engineers on current
      projects and conducting the following tasks: research, planning
      analysis, policy review, report writing and field work, etc.
      Anticipated projects for the internship include: parking studies (e.g.
      demand, management, policy, finance), transit studies (e.g. BRT),
      traffic operations and multimodal transportation studies.

      Job Requirements Must be currently enrolled in an academic program.
      Courses toward a Master's Degree in related discipline. Some related
      experience preferred. A strong academic record. Some related course
      work or research experience strongly preferred.

      Additional Information We attract the best people in the industry,
      supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a
      challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career
      opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic
      locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and
      operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an equal
      opportunity employer.
    • Asha Weinstein Agrawal
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 19, 2013
        [Note: I've been told that MUP students are eligible, but that
        students cannot be graduating this May. - Asha W. Agrawal]
        ______________

        Employer: CDM Smith

        Requisition ID 12051BR
        Job Title MS Technical Intern- Transportation Planning
        Location California - San Francisco

        Job Description Will be involved in current and anticipated office
        work which includes but is not limited to:
        • Bus rapid transit planning studies
        • Parking management studies
        • Light rail and street car studies
        • Traffic studies

        Job Requirements Currently enrolled and taking courses toward a B.S.
        in a related discipline required. A strong academic record Some
        related course work or research experience strongly preferred.

        Proficiency with ARCMAP/GIS, MS Excel, Adobe Suite, Traffic Operations
        Software desired.