A Conversation with The New Yorker’s David Owen (6/27/12)

  • justino707
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2012
      Air conditioners are cheaper and more efficient so we use them more. Greater fuel efficiency has driven us to use more, not less, gas. In his new book, The Conundrum, David Owen, writer for The New Yorker and author of Green Metropolis, addresses these and countless other eco-dilemmas, arguing that far from helping solve the problems of climate change, advances in energy efficiency are actually causing less sustainable behavior. Join Owen and Allison Arieff, New York Times’ columnist and editor of SPUR’s magazine The Urbanist, for a discussion about how urbanism may hold the key to the future of our cities. This event is co-sponsored by 1stACT Silicon Valley.

      WHERE
      Adobe Campus, 345 Park Avenue, San Jose

      WHEN
      June 27 | 6:30â€"8:00 PM

      COST
      Free to SPUR members; $10 for non-members

      RSVP
      Register at http://bit.ly/LiNF38