Upcoming Grand Boulevard Events: (1) Bus and Site To ur, (2) An Evening with Gil Peñalosa

  • Asha Weinstein Agrawal
    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2012
      --------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Kraft, Ronny <kraftr@...>
      Date: Wed, May 9, 2012 at 10:46 AM
      Subject: Upcoming Grand Boulevard Events

      Greetings! The Grand Boulevard Initiative invites you to two upcoming events:

      2012 Affordable Housing Week Bus & Site Tour: Creating Communities
      along the Grand Boulevard

      Are you interested in seeing real on-the-ground progress towards
      realizing the Grand Boulevard vision? Join us this Saturday for a bus
      tour of five exemplary projects along Mission St/El Camino. The tour
      will include site visits of:

      ·         Daly City Top of the Hill transit plaza and streetscape improvements

      ·         Daly City War Memorial Community Center

      ·         Habitat for Humanity Affordable Housing Development - Hard Hat Tour!

      ·         Trestle Glen Apartments - Unincorporated San Mateo County

      ·         MidPen Housing Affordable Housing Development - Hard Hat Tour!

      The tour is free, but we ask that you please RSVP. The tour will start
      and end at the Daly City BART station.

      Saturday, May 12, 2012

      8:30 am - 1:30 pm

      Find out more: http://goo.gl/OhEfC

      An Evening with Gil Peñalosa

      The Grand Boulevard Initiative presents an upcoming event with
      renowned city advisory and active public spaces advocate, Gil
      Peñalosa. Mr. Peñalosa led the effort to create one of the most
      successful and celebrated parks and recreation systems in the world
      when he served as the former Commissioner of Parks, Sports, and
      Recreation for the City of Bogotá, Colombia. This event is guaranteed
      to enlighten and inspire so sign up today! This event is free, but
      RSVPs are required. Refreshments will be served.

      Monday, June 4, 2012
      6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
      Cubberley Community Center Theater, Palo Alto

      Find out more: http://goo.gl/e4StX

      Did you know that the Grand Boulevard is on Facebook, LinkedIn, and
      Twitter? However you prefer to stay in touch, we’ve got you covered.
      You can even subscribe to an RSS Feed of our home page announcements.

      Thank you,

      Ronny Kraft, AICP

      Planner (Consultant)

      San Mateo County Transit District