Intern Opportunity with STPP - Sacramento

    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2003
      phone: 408-924-5853
      ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 05/15/2003 08:30 AM -----

      "Tam B. Tran" <tbtran@...>
      Sent by: owner-planning-announce@...
      05/14/2003 12:41 PM

      To: planning-announce@...
      Subject: Intern Opportunity

      Summer Internship Opportunity

      Transportation Policy/Research/Administrative Intern
      Time: 40 hours/week
      Duration: June-August 2003
      Pay: $100/month stipend
      Location: Sacramento, California

      Who We Are

      The Surface Transportation Policy Project (STPP) is a dynamic nonprofit
      organization working on initiatives that better link transportation and
      land use. Our research encompasses transportation policy effects on
      energy conservation, environmental protection, social equity, and livable
      communities. We emphasize the needs of people, rather than vehicles, in
      assuring access to jobs, services, and recreational opportunities.

      Job Description

      We are currently seeking an energetic, self-directed person with a
      commitment to STPP values to fill an internship at our Sacramento office
      for summer 2003. Responsibilities may include program analysis,
      administrative and legislative support, research for program and policy
      development, report preparation, public relations, and grant proposal
      writing. The candidate must have strong oral and written communication
      skills, analytical experience and fluency with Microsoft Office computer
      applications and programs. STPP offers an exciting work environment where
      you can impact the world around you. People are counting on us!

      - Undergraduate/recent graduate/graduate student
      - Background in policy; legislative process; grassroots organizing and/or
      - All majors welcome

      Send a résumé with a cover letter to:

      Surface Transportation Policy Project
      Attn: Adrienne Shilton
      1414 K Street, Suite 660
      Sacramento CA 95814
      Fax: 916.447.8880
      E-mail: ashilton@...

      STPP is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people of
      color are encouraged to apply.

      Do you Yahoo!?