Job Announcement: GIS Analyst at Stanford University
- *POSITION OVERVIEW*
The GIS analyst is part of Maps and Records in the Land, Buildings & Real
Estate (LBRE) department at Stanford. The department is responsible for the
design, construction, operations and maintenance of buildings, grounds,
utilities, parking, and transportation systems at Stanford. Maps and
Records supports the University's needs and the various business units who
work to ensure that LBRE provides world class services as caretakers of the
legacy that is Stanford University. Under the supervision of the GIS lead
in the Land, Buildings and Real Estate (LBRE) Dept of Technology, this
position performs Geographic Information Systems (GIS) related analysis and
support for the LBRE organization. Responsibilities include support of the
day to day maintenance, analysis, mapping and application support for GIS
clients in departments campus-wide. As a member of the GIS Services team,
this position requires GIS skills for technical coordination with clients
to analyze mapping-related requirements and provide timely solutions. The
position independently develops highly effective and functional maps to
The GIS Analyst is part of a team that assists in the collection,
management, and maintenance of digital data (spatial and attributes)
pertaining to facilities and infrastructure. This position conducts
analysis of data utilizing Geographic Information Systems tools to clarify
and communicate spatial relationships among datasets and present them in an
appropriate, cartographic manner.
The position facilitates adherence to data standards and is involved with
GIS Analyst tasks may include software training including preparation and
implementation of training materials and assisting clients with technical
and data related issues. The position may also assist with development of
new GIS tools and applications or improves existing query and analysis
tools supporting clients for information retrieval, analysis and
- Bachelor's degree with a GIS focus OR closely related field such as
Architecture, Planning, Engineering
- Two or more years of experience with GIS related work using ESRI,
Autodesk GIS products or related GIS products is required.
- Must be able to work with ESRI's ArcGIS, ArcCatalog, and GIS-related
equipment such as plotters, digitizing tablets, and GPS mapping units.
- Experience with graphical illustration and layout products like
Fireworks, Illustrator or Photoshop is highly desirable and a big plus.
- Experience with GIS application customization is desirable.
- Understanding of relational database management systems is highly
- Responsible for multiple projects and priorities with crucial
deadlines while dealing with a diverse group of University departments.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral,
with the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Must be customer oriented and anticipate future needs and requests.
- Ability to access areas that are accessible through stairs and
navigate all areas of the campus terrain in order to locate and map
- Must possess and maintain a valid California driver's license
Go to http://jobs.stanford.edu to apply.
Search for Job ID: 46568
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]