FT job - Oakland - PMC - Senior Planner/Facilitator

  • Asha Weinstein Agrawal
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2012
      [From http://www.planetizen.com/node/54378%5d

      Senior Planner/Facilitator
      PMC
      Location: Oakland , California, United States
      Posted on: February 9, 2012
      Category: Community / Economic Development
      Planning / Land Use
      Experience: 3-5 years

      PMC is a company that has a passion and respect for our work, our
      clients, our employees, and the communities we serve. We value our
      operational flexibility, and strive to be an industry leader through
      excellence, integrity, and innovation. Our core purpose is to provide
      valuable information, advice, and guidance to help our clients serve
      and improve their communities while also providing rewarding,
      meaningful, and fun opportunities to our employees.

      Our firm specializes in providing municipal consulting services
      including agency staffing, conservation planning and biological
      services, environmental, public finance, housing and community
      development, urban planning, sustainability and climate change,
      community engagement, and creative services. We are currently
      recruiting for a Senior Planner/Facilitator to join our team!

      Responsibilities will include supporting our community engagement and
      facilitation team on a variety of projects by providing strategic
      advice to our clients regarding the design of their public
      participation processes, meetings and events, facilitating
      discussions, recording and summarizing community feedback, developing
      policy language and contributing to long range planning documents,
      acting as an assistant project manager and task leader on large
      projects, a project manager on smaller projects, and additional duties
      as assigned.

      Qualified candidate must have a Bachelors Degree in planning or
      related field and 5+ years experience in assisting with community
      engagement and facilitation for public agencies. Candidate must be
      comfortable and experienced in facilitating group discussions of all
      sizes, including large public workshops and special events.
      Specialized training or education in facilitation or public process
      design is preferred. Candidate should be within proximity to the PMC
      Oakland office with the ability to travel to other PMC offices and
      clients sites as needed.

      Please submit a cover letter and resume to careers@.... This
      position is open until filled. EOE m/f/d/v