Unpaid internship - Oakland - East Bay Housing Organizations - Affordable Housing Intern

  • Asha Weinstein Agrawal
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 22, 2012
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Planning Jobs | Department of City and Regional Planning at
      Berkeley <webmaster@...>
      Date: Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 9:10 PM

      Affordable Housing Intern

      Project Summary: EBHO provides an exciting opportunity for a
      self-motivated and creative individual who wants to have an impact on
      affordable housing issues in the East Bay. The intern will work with
      EBHO staff and members to support our education and communications
      activities, especially our 16th Annual Affordable Housing Week, a
      series of events through Alameda and Contra Costa Counties from May
      11-20. The intern will play a substantial role in assisting with event
      planning, logistics, and volunteer coordination. Other projects are
      dependent on time and need but may include conducting outreach,
      developing and collecting educational materials for our website,
      participating in membership committees and coalition work, conducting
      policy research, and assisting with office operations. The intern will
      work under the supervision of the Deputy Director. EBHO is a
      fast-paced and dynamic environment, as our small staff works with a
      large network of allies on many issues and campaigns. Duties and
      Responsibilities • With our other communications intern, work on
      communications tasks, including website updates, drafting e-blasts,
      and creating visual communications & flyers. • Assemble a portfolio
      of housing documents, presentations and materials for our website and
      archives • Assist with outreach and preparations for our 16th Annual
      Affordable Housing Week, a series of events through Contra Costa and
      Alameda County taking place May 11-20. This may include logistics and
      volunteer management, soliciting proclamations from elected officials,
      helping to distribute promotional materials, creatively marketing
      through electronic and social media, etc. The intern will take on
      significant responsibility for logistics of our State of Housing
      Symposium on May 15, and will assist with volunteer coordination for
      Housing Sabbath, an interfaith event from May 18-20. • Assist with
      other office management tasks as needed, including data entry and
      contacts management

      Firm Name: East Bay Housing Organizations
      Location: 538 9th Street, Suite 200 Oakland, CA 94607
      Payment: Unpaid
      Contact: Gloria Bruce
      Email: gloria@...
      Phone: 510-663-3830 ext. 322