Assistant Project Manager - Mandarin Speaking
Location: San Francisco, California, 94111, United States
Posted on: February 2, 2012
Category: Planning / Land Use, Urban Design
SOM, an internationally-known, multi-disciplinary architectural and
engineering design practice seeks applications for a bi-lingual
Assistant Project Manager to join the Urban Design and Planning Studio
in its San Francisco office. Fluency in both Mandarin Chinese and
English is required.
• Contribute to SOM’s vision by enabling clear communication among
team members, consultants and clients.
• Serve as a point of contact for SOM’s clients, Local Planning
Institute (LPI), local project team, specialty consultants, suppliers
and contractors in China.
• Prepare, review and translate project memos, correspondence,
technical documents, contracts and schedules for professional
• Schedule and conduct technical coordination and presentations
meetings with the client project team, LPI, specialty consultants, and
others as applicable. Record and document meeting minutes during
• Facilitate meetings locally in China, as needed.
• Provide translation services to the team on incoming technical
documents/drawings issued by the Client, LPI, consultants, and on
other outgoing documents.
• Assist with the preparation of appropriate billings and pursue
• Dedicate the necessary time beyond routine hours to assist in
meeting business commitments.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master Degree in Urban Design or City Planning, with undergraduate
training in architecture design. AICP and /or LEED accreditation are a
• Ability to read, write and speak fluent Mandarin Chinese and English.
• At least 3-5 years of progressively responsible project experience
in the urban design and physical planning profession in North America.
• Thorough knowledge of urban design and planning issues, including
site planning, zoning, infrastructure and utility planning, and
sustainable design practices
• A proven work ethic and the ability to anticipate needs, service
clients, initiate decisions and coordinate the activities of others.
• Strong command of Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Project.
• Highly-motivated, good team player, and possess strong oral and
written communication, proofreading, and organizational skills.
• Autocad, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator skills highly desirable.
• Travel may be required