Housing Action Coalition Meeting this Friday (2/10) - Bye Bye Redevelopment

  • Jason Su
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2012
      Bye Bye RedevelopmentFriday, February 10th, 2011
      11am-1pm
      Santa Clara Central Park Library
      (2635 Homestead Rd, Santa Clara)
      *www.HACSCC.org* <http://www.hacscc.org/>

      <http://hacscc.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/nodtwredevtitled336.jpg>Picture
      shows downtown San Jose without redevelopment projects.

      *Join us this month to learn about the dismantling processes of
      redevelopment agencies in Santa Clara County. *

      *Our guest panel features City Housing Leaders:*

      *-Leslie Corsiglia, City of San Jose, Housing Dept. Director*
      *-Felix Reliford, City of Milpitas, Principal Planner*
      *-Eloise Murillo-Garcia, City of Santa Clara, Housing Development Officer*

      *Our guests will focus on the following questions:*

      - How has their city handled the dissolution of their redevelopment
      agency?
      - Are they the successor agency and who/how will they be managing the
      housing function related to former RDA money/deals
      - Who is on the oversight boards and what is their influence?
      - What will the housing function for their city look like going forward
      and what will be the main differences?
      - And most importantly, what is the role that housing advocates can play
      in helping to alleviate the impact of the new housing challenges?
      -

      --
      *Jason Su*
      Graduate Student