Housing Action Coalition Meeting this Friday (2/10) - Bye Bye Redevelopment
- Bye Bye RedevelopmentFriday, February 10th, 2011
Santa Clara Central Park Library
(2635 Homestead Rd, Santa Clara)
shows downtown San Jose without redevelopment projects.
*Join us this month to learn about the dismantling processes of
redevelopment agencies in Santa Clara County. *
*Our guest panel features City Housing Leaders:*
*-Leslie Corsiglia, City of San Jose, Housing Dept. Director*
*-Felix Reliford, City of Milpitas, Principal Planner*
*-Eloise Murillo-Garcia, City of Santa Clara, Housing Development Officer*
*Our guests will focus on the following questions:*
- How has their city handled the dissolution of their redevelopment
- Are they the successor agency and who/how will they be managing the
housing function related to former RDA money/deals
- Who is on the oversight boards and what is their influence?
- What will the housing function for their city look like going forward
and what will be the main differences?
- And most importantly, what is the role that housing advocates can play
in helping to alleviate the impact of the new housing challenges?
*San Jose State University, Masters in Urban Planning*
Intern | *Greenbelt Alliance | * www.greenbelt.org/ |
Secretary & Webmaster | *Urban Planning Coalition |* www.theupc.org |
President & Editor | *City Studies | *www.citystudies.org |
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]