FT job - San Francisco - Parsons Brinckerhoff (PB) - Consulting Associate

  • Asha Weinstein Agrawal
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2012
      [From http://www.wtsinternational.org/ChapterNews.aspx?chapterid=28&id=2534]

      Parsons Brinckerhoff (PB), an international leader providing strategic
      consulting services to the infrastructure industry, has an opening in
      its San Francisco office for an Associate to join the Strategic
      Consulting Team.

      About Strategic Consulting Services

      Our Strategic Consulting practice is focused on providing project
      development, finance, management consulting, and strategy support
      services to the owners and operators of transportation infrastructure.
      In this capacity, we work with senior management to improve
      performance and ensure the application of industry leading practices
      to help address tomorrow’s transportation challenges today.

      About the Position

      We are recruiting motivated self-starters with a demonstrated interest
      in the transportation sector to join a dynamic fast paced
      multidisciplinary team. We seek problem solvers who combine strong
      analytical skills and the ability to master new concepts quickly with
      meticulous attention to detail to deliver high quality work. Based in
      San Francisco you will work with a local and national team on
      engagements primarily for clients in the transportation sector. Your
      initial work will fall into one or more of the following service
      areas: greenhouse gas emissions inventorying, development of climate
      action plans, climate change strategy and policy research, technical
      report writing for CEQA/NEPA documents, and related services to
      infrastructure owners and operators. The position offers great
      opportunities for professional growth; you will frequently be involved
      in the development and implementation of industry best practice.

      The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
      - Mandatory Bachelors degree with a major in transportation planning,
      urban design, environmental sciences or related field. Advanced degree
      in a relevant field such as city planning, transportation engineering,
      public policy, energy, or business with an emphasis in sustainability
      or corporate social responsibility preferred.
      - Experience with greenhouse gas protocols, emissions modeling (i.e.
      EMFAC or MOVES), GIS, and/or CEQA/NEPA is highly desirable.
      - Strong written and verbal communication skills.
      - 0-3 year’s professional experience or equivalent in the
      transportation or environment sector.

      To apply online, please visit the People and Careers section of our
      website at www.pbworld.com and apply to job #14163.