2/6: Healthy Communities Forum - "Walking, Biking, Electric Driving - What are the health benefits?" [1 Attachment]

  • Katja
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2012
      Dear Friends, Please RSVP here <http://healthycommunitiesforum.weebly.com/>
      and forward to anyone who may be interested in participating. As noted
      below, we're targeting: "decision makers, community leaders, labor,
      developers, affordable housing advocates, business leaders, and
      environmentalists." Thank you, Megan

      --

      Upcoming Healthy Communities Forum

      "Walking, Biking, Electric Driving - What are the health benefits?"

      Monday, February 6, 5:00pm-8:30pm

      San Jose City Hall - 200 E. Santa Clara Street, Wing Rooms 118-120

      Join us for the first Healthy Communities Forum of 2012 to explore how the
      various facets of the health of our cities - economic, environmental, and
      social - intersect. Neil Maizlish, PhD with the California Department of
      Public Health will present his recent study that highlights the
      environmental and health benefits of active transport in the Bay Area.
      Afterward, we'll break out into groups by city to discuss strategies for how
      we can make our communities economically, environmentally, and socially
      healthier and more resilient. No charge, open to the public, refreshments
      provided.

      Space is limited, for more details and to RSVP visit our
      <http://healthycommunitiesforum.weebly.com/> Healthy Communities Forum
      website

      Who should come: Decision makers, community leaders, labor, developers,
      affordable housing advocates, business leaders, environmentalists

      This Forum organized by American Lunch Association and Sierra Club Loma
      Prieta Chapter. Co-Hosted by American Planners Association, Assemblymember
      Jerry Hill, EBL&S Develment, Greenbelt Alliance, HEAL Cities Campaign,
      Housing Leadership Council of San Mateo County, Menlo Park Transportation
      Commissioner Raymond Mueller, Redwood City Planning Commissioner Nancy
      Radcliffe, Promometheus, San Jose City Councilmember Ash Kalra, San Jose
      City Councilmember Sam Liccardo, San Mateo County Health System, Sierra Club
      Loma Prieta Chapter, Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition, Silicon Valley
      Leadership Group, SPUR- San Jose, County Supervisor Carole Groom, County
      Supervisor Liz Kniss, Sustainable San Mateo County, Burlingame City
      Councilmember Terry Nagel, Transform, Urban Habitat

      Attachment(s) from Megan Fluke

      1 of 1 File(s)

      <http://l.yimg.com/kq/static/images/yg/img/doc/pdf16x16.gif>
      <http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/20892832/1726497357/name/2-6_HealthyCommunitie
      sForum%2Epdf> 2-6_HealthyCommunitiesForum.pdf

      <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=20892832/grpspId=1705948926/msgI
      d=618/stime=1326842761/nc1=5898816/nc2=3848621/nc3=4025304>