FT job - Town of Danville - Associate Planner
- The town of Danville (East Bay) is looking for a full-time Associate Planner.
The current salary range for this full-time benefited position is $4,960 - $6,794 month; 37.5 hour/week. Flexible schedule will include evenings and weekends.
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION:
To perform professional planning work involving current and advanced planning; process a variety of minor development proposals and permit applications including building permits, sign permits, variances and land-use permits, ensuring conformance to Town standards; to coordinate the review of all development submittals among the various divisions of the Development Services Department.
This is the experienced level in the professional planning series. Position in this class performs the full range of planning work. The Assistant level is distinguished from the Associate in that the Associate is expected to assume responsibility for review of all but the most complex development proposals and planning studies.
* Practical planning methodology, urban development and operations, urban design and basic land economics.
* Current land use and urban design implementation.
* Principles and techniques of project management.
* Development process, economics, practices and procedures.
* California development law, Town planning and zoning codes, The California Environmental Quality Act and other application Federal, State and local legislation.
* Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office; Geographic Information System (GIS) software and other software.
* Techniques of negotiation.
Qualified persons interested in applying for this position should submit a Town Employment application form and resume. Send application materials to: Town of Danville, Attention: Human Resources Department, 510 La Gonda Way, Danville, CA 94526. Phone: 925/314-3356.