Nov 5: UPC Symposium on the Future of Planning

  • justino707
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2011
      We are less than three weeks away from the biggest planning event at San Jose State University! The Urban Planning Coalition's symposium on the current state of planning will take place on November 5 to illuminate major events shaping the planning field and discuss emerging, cutting-edge career paths for planners. Come join us!

      Title: The Current State of Planning: Navigating New Roles & Careers
      Date: Saturday, November 5
      Time: 11am-6pm
      Location: SJSU, Science Building, room 142

      Register now and get a special early bird discount.
      http://www.theupc.org/home/symposium

      Requests for additional information, sponsorship opportunities, or any other questions, please contact Johnasies McGraw at Johnasies.eastlake@... or Justin Meek at justin.meek@....

      PURPOSE

      "What is the future for the field and career of planning?” The primary goal of this event is to understand the current state of the profession and employment in light of current economic crises. The symposium is to help students, young planners, professionals and others interested in the planning field.

      SPONSORS

      Urban Planning Coalition, APA California Chapter Northern Section, Young Planners Group, San Jose State University Career Center, and Fehr and Peers.