Climate Corps Bay Area, AmeriCorps MemberStrategic Energy Innovations
San Rafael, CA
Skill Level: Internship / Volunteer
Position Type: Full Time
There is still a chance to join Climate Corps Bay Area
We have a new opening for 1 full-time paid AmeriCorps Members to work
with Strategic Energy Innovations for the 2011-2012 program year.
Visit our website and look under "resources" > "placement
opportunities" for specific information on this opening. Note this
position is based in San Rafael in Marin County, so applicants should
consider that location when applying.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about clean energy,
climate change and overall sustainability, are committed to tackling
these issues in their professional careers, and are looking for a way
to translate that passion and commitment to real-world experience.
CCBA's mission is to:
* Assist with implementing programs that have immediate and
measurable reductions in the community's greenhouse gas emissions.
* Measure, track, and report the emission reductions to community
* Recruit, engage and build long-term volunteer involvement in the
In the 2011-12 Program Year starting in Sept 2011, 30 new AmeriCorps
Members will work with nonprofits and local governments throughout the
Bay Area on greenhouse gas emissions reductions programs, including
energy efficiency programs, waste and energy conservation campaigns.
This program will bring AmeriCorps' well-established "service as a
solution" model for community action to the arena of climate change
A CCBA Member spends most of their time providing direct service for
projects related to energy and climate change at their service site. The
Member's time will be divided between volunteer coordination and
program implementation. Prior to and during their service, Members will
participate in personal training programs to provide opportunities for
development in building professional and community partnerships.
Members will spend approximately 3/4 of their time on program
implementation and 1/4 of their time on volunteer coordination.
* Directly implement one or more GHG emissions reduction programs
* Build awareness of GHG emissions reduction programs through
outreach and publicity efforts
* Attend community events and present information as necessary
* Track outcomes to document emissions reductions as a result of the
* Support and seek efforts to build community engagement with
emissions reductions programs
* Maintain training materials and assist with providing hands-on
training and support for all volunteers
* Monitor and track progress of volunteers engaged in emission
This is a full-time, 11-month placement that encompasses 1700 hours of
* College graduates with at least 1 year of experience in the
professional workplace preferred, comparable skills and experience will
* The ideal candidate will have a solid math and science background,
classroom experience with energy and environmental policy, and community
* This is an equal opportunity position and we prefer to place a
candidate who already lives in the community being served.
Compensation: Stipend of $13,000, eligibility for $5,500 education
award, student loan forbear
In exchange for their service, each Member receives the following
* Living Allowance of Approximately $1200 per month (before taxes)
* Educational stipend or student loan waiver of approximately $5,300
at the completion of service.
* Forbearance on existing Student Loans and payment of interest
accrued during your service
* Health Insurance
* Childcare Assistance -- (to qualifying Members), paid to an
eligible provider of your choice.
* Significant professional development training.
To become a Member you must fill out and submit our online application
and submit a resume. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until
all placements are filled, but applicants are encouraged to submit the
application as soon as possible in order to ensure the best chance of
being placed in an agency that fits your needs and goals.
Once the application is complete and has been reviewed, applicants who
qualify will be contacted for an interview. Interviews for the 2010-2011
term will begin in June 2011. All new Members need to be available and
eligible to start no later than August 25th, 2011.
If you are interested in applying or wish to learn more about becoming a
CCBA AmeriCorp Member, please visit our website
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]