Join the UPC in Oakland this Saturday, October 22nd!

  • sara
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2011
      Join the UPC in Oakland this Saturday, October 22nd!

      FREE Tour of Mountain View Cemetery: 11am – 1:30pm
      This historic tour of Mountain View Cemetery, designed by Frederick Law Olmsted, will focus on the early developers and architects of the Bay Area. Wear layers and comfortable shoes!
      The tour will begin at the brick chapel (to the left of the big fountain as you enter the park).
      RSVPs are appreciated (but not required). Yes! You can bring friends/family!
      Please contact Sara Billing (yosarab@...) with questions.
      Address: 5000 Piedmont Avenue, Oakland, CA 94611

      Social in Oakland: 2pm – 3:30pm
      Whew! After all that touring, you'll be thirsty. Or if you weren't able to catch the tour, you can still join in for drinks and socializing at the Kona Club (just outside of the cemetery).
      Please bring ID and funds for drinks (or to chip in to get pizza delivered).
      Address: 4401 Piedmont Avenue, Oakland, CA 94611

      UPC Board Meeting: 3:30pm – 5:30pm
      UPC meetings are open to all MUP students! This is a great opportunity to participate in the UPC and gain professional experience. For questions, contact admin@.... We look forward to seeing you!
      Address: we will begin our meeting at the Kona Club (4401 Piedmont Avenue, Oakland, CA 94611) but may relocate if we need more space.

      ****REMINDER: FREE TICKETS TO THE "PACIFIC CITIES GREEN TRANSPORTATION CONFERENCE" ARE STILL AVAILABLE****
      The UPC still has 6 free tickets for SJSU MUP students!
      For a free ticket please contact admin@... no later than this Wednesday, October 19th.
      For more information about the conference, please visit: http://www.pcsisustainability.org/schedule-sf-pcsi.html