Paid GIS internship - San Francisco Dept. of Public Works

  • Rick Kos
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2011
      *Internship Opportunity with the City and County of San Francisco*
      Department of Public Works - Infrastructure Division
      Class 5380 Student Design Trainee I
      $22.46 per hour / Maximum 1,040 hours per year
      Posting date September 12, 2011

      The DPW Curb Ramp Program oversees design and construction of ADA compliant
      curb ramps throughout the City of San Francisco. The Curb Ramp Information
      System (CRIS)
      is used to plan and track potential curb ramps at 50,000 locations in The
      City.

      We�re looking for a student intern to assist with the GIS curb ramp database
      and associated tasks. You will be able to work in a team to problem solve,
      be comfortable
      working in ArcGIS 10. Driver�s license a plus.

      *Duties include:*

      - GIS tasks include editing vector data in ArcInfo, possibility of
      automation of tasks;
      - field work, data collection and entry, and assisting engineers as
      needed; other duties may include assisting in project management and
      regulatory review.

      *Nature of Work:*

      - Candidates must be willing to work a minimum of 10 hours/week, with a
      maximum of 40 hours/week as determined by the department and intern
      availability.

      *Minimum Qualifications:*
      At the time of filing, the applicant must be in an Engineering /
      Architecture / Landscape Architecture / Planning / Surveying / IT/ GIS
      Program or related field at a
      Junior College or University. An applicant can be employed up to six (6)
      months after graduation, otherwise, the applicant must be returning to their
      undergraduate
      program or entering into or returning to a graduate program. You must be a
      US Citizen or have an alien registration (green) card or a foreign student
      with legal work
      permit prior to filing of application.

      *How to apply:*
      Contact Ken Spielman at 415-558-4541 or at
      Kenneth.Spielman@... information and application.

      Minorities, Women, and Persons with Disabilities are Encouraged to Apply
      An Equal Opportunity Employer