FT job - Berkeley or Santa Ana - Planning Center | DC&E - GIS manager

  • Asha Weinstein Agrawal
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 2011
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Planning Jobs | Department of City and Regional Planning at
      Berkeley <webmaster@...>
      Date: Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 9:49 PM
      Subject: Planning Jobs - Department of City and Regional Planning at Berkeley
      _______________________________

      Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Manager: City and Regional
      Planning / Sustainable Development

      The Planning Center | DC&E is hiring a GIS Manager to oversee
      firm-wide GIS efforts. The Planning Center | DC&E is a
      multi-disciplinary firm of approximately 110 planners, urban designers
      and landscape architects working in the fields of city planning,
      environmental review, urban design, landscape architecture, GIS and
      public participation. The Planning Center and Design, Community &
      Environment (DC&E) merged in March 2011, and provide services
      throughout California and the Intermountain West. Please take a look
      at our websites (www.planningcenter.com and www.dceplanning.com ) to
      find out more about the work we do. Our GIS Manager oversees all
      aspects of GIS work in all of our offices, with specific duties
      including: • Managing and completing stand-alone projects that
      emphasize GIS. • Assisting other staff in creating GIS systems and
      completing GIS analyses for planning and design projects. • Training
      in-house and client staff in GIS applications. • Creating and
      maintaining company-wide GIS systems and protocols, including
      establishing a new company-wide GIS network. • Developing and
      managing DC&E’s proprietary “GreenScore†GIS-based indicators
      model. • Making recommendations regarding company-wide GIS hardware
      and software needs. • Marketing the company’s GIS services, both
      for stand-alone GIS projects and as part of our other services. We
      seek candidates with experience in all planning- and design-related
      applications of GIS, with special emphasis on one or more of the
      following: • Land use planning, including issues such as ownership,
      use, land value and agricultural resources. • GIS-based scenario
      modeling tools such as CommunityVIZ, Index and/or PLACE3S. • Urban
      design, including 3D modeling and visual simulations. •
      Sustainability, including energy usage and greenhouse gas emissions.
      • Environmental issues and constraints, such as hazardous materials
      and geological features. • Planning-level transportation, bicycle
      and pedestrian analysis. • Natural resource planning, including
      vegetation and habitat mapping. • Open space and trail planning,
      including ownership, trail alignments and open space value. • Public
      health, including access to healthy food and incidence of disease.
      Candidates should be conversant with enterprise-level GIS systems
      using ESRI products, and have experience in creating and managing
      web-based GIS tools and complex geodatabases. Applicants should also
      have the ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of staff
      members, manage projects with minimal oversight, and work as a
      self-starter. A minimum of five years experience in progressively
      responsible GIS positions is required. Additional experience in
      programming, website development, GPS applications and/or remote
      sensing, along with ESRI Certification, would all be a plus but are
      not required. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits, and a
      casual work environment. The selected candidate could work from either
      of our offices in Berkeley or Santa Ana.

      Please email a cover letter, your resume, salary requirements and/or
      history, and a sample of one or more GIS projects as a PDF attachment
      to ken@..., or fax to (510) 848-4315. The Planning Center
      | DC&E is an equal opportunity employer. Firm Name: The Planning
      Center | DC&E Location: Berkeley or Santa Ana Payment: Paid Contact:
      Ken Garkow, Human Resources & Operations Manager Email:
      ken@... Phone: 510.848.3815 Posted: Sep 16, 2011 Category:
      Other Start Date: 2011-10-01