Internship at The Urban Institute (San Jose office)

  • Hilary Nixon
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2011
      The Urban Institute is a nonpartisan economic and social policy
      research institute based on Washington, DC. With our local partner,
      Project Sentinel, we will implement a research study that will
      evaluate how well existing civil rights laws protect the Asian
      American communities in the San Jose metro area.

      To ensure this project’s success, we are looking to recruit,
      interview, and hire 20+ research assistants to help us with
      on-the-ground survey work.

      This job opportunity is part-time (between zero and 5 hours/week) and
      the project is expected to last until mid-spring 2012. Research
      assistants will work out of our San Jose office and travel throughout
      the metropolitan area to collect important data.

      Research assistants must be at least 21 years of age (and younger than
      65). They must have a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable
      car. Ideally, they are men and women who have close ties to the
      Asian/Asian American communities or communities of color. Finally,
      they must be able to attend an all-day training on Saturday, September
      10th.

      If interested, please contact me directly at TNguyen@... or
      (202) 261-5549. Thank you so much for your help outreaching in
      advance.

      --
      Hilary Nixon, Ph.D.
      Associate Professor