FT job - San Francisco - Perkins+Will - Urban Designer I

  • Asha Weinstein Agrawal
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6 11:28 AM
      Urban Designer I
      Perkins+Will
      Location: San Francisco, California, 94107, United States
      Posted on: June 22, 2011
      Category: Urban Design
      Experience: Entry level

      Perkins+Will is proud to rank as the #1 design firm by Architect
      magazine…Over the last 75 years, we have delivered high design, value
      and experiences to both our clients and our people. At Perkins+Will,
      we see endless possibilities in the way we influence buildings and
      ideas that honor the broader goals of society. We are committed to the
      1% Solution and value social responsibility. We proudly volunteer our
      time across the country. The San Francisco office of Perkins+Will is
      looking for a Urban Designer 1. This position provides assistance
      throughout the design process, including research, analysis,
      programming, preparation of design documents, presentation materials,
      reports and participation in public processes and presentations under
      routine guidance.

      Requirements

      Below are key traits that are essential for this position to thrive in
      the position:

      Professional Degree in Urban Design, Architecture, Landscape
      Architecture, or Planning with 0-3 years of relevant experience.

      Understanding of urban design principles and theory associated with
      project design and execution.
      Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, CAD, 3D computer modeling and
      Microsoft Office. Knowledge of GIS, Ecotect and Revit preferred.
      Effective verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in Chinese
      along with English is a plus.
      Collaborative and professional work ethic
      LEED AP or within 6 months of hire

      Interested candidates should apply through our website in strict
      confidence. Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and a
      compact sample of your work. Our website allows you to upload up to 3
      files, however each file has a size limit of 4MB.

      Perkins+Will is an Equal Opportunity Employer

      Please visit our website and Apply On-line: Requisition Number 11-0204
      https://www10.ultirecruit.com/PER1007/JobBoard/listjobs.aspx?Page=Browse