Summer Intership with Non-Profit Housing Association of Northern California

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2011
      Good Afternoon,

      We are offering a summer internship that may be of interest to students in
      your department. We are looking for an intern to conduct field research
      into the transportation patterns of affordable housing residents in the
      South Bay. This is a paid internship. Please forward or post as you see
      fit.

      Any questions can be directed to Evelyn Stivers, Field Director, at
      (415)989-8160 x35 or evelyn@...

      Thank you,

      Shannon Rice
      Membership and Communications Associate
      Non-Profit Housing Association of Northern California (NPH)

      Summer Internship Available

      *Summary:* Non-Profit Housing of Northern California seeks a
      resourceful, well-organized intern to conduct field research into the
      transportation patterns of affordable housing residents in the South Bay.
      The ideal candidate will be a graduate student in Urban & Regional Planning,
      Public Policy, or related studies. The position is available immediately.

      NPH is a thirty-two-year-old membership association that focuses government
      policy on housing solutions for low-income people who suffer
      disproportionately from the housing crisis, while promoting the
      preservation, development, and quality management of affordable housing.

      *Reports To: *Field Director

      * *

      *Hours: *Flexible hours to be determined. Field research and analysis
      anticipated beginning as soon as possible and continuing through September.

      * *

      *Compensation: *This is a paid internship; level of compensation to be
      determined based on qualifications.

      * *

      *Duties and Responsibilities:*

      ? Interview management staff of up to 20 affordable housing sites in
      Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties;

      ? Collaborate with site staff to distribute and collect completed
      surveys of building residents about transportation habits of all household
      members;

      ? Make special arrangements as needed to maximize participation in
      the survey;

      ? Interview and write stories of how transportation patterns changed
      for two-four households before and after moving to affordable housing
      developments;

      ? Compile survey data and analyze results;

      ? Work with NPH staff, members and advisors to frame survey findings
      within the context of land use and transportation planning in the region.

      * *

      *Deadline: *Open until filled.

      *How to Apply: *Please send a cover letter, resume to:

      Evelyn Stivers, Field Director, evelyn@...

      Please include �internship� in the subject line.