NPH Summer Internship Available
- NPH Summer Internship Available
*Summary:* Non-Profit Housing of Northern California seeks a
resourceful, well-organized intern to conduct field research into the
transportation patterns of affordable housing residents in the South Bay.
The ideal candidate will be a graduate student in Urban & Regional Planning,
Public Policy, or related studies. The position is available immediately.
NPH is a thirty-two-year-old membership association that focuses government
policy on housing solutions for low-income people who suffer
disproportionately from the housing crisis, while promoting the
preservation, development, and quality management of affordable housing.
*Reports To: *Field Director
*Hours: *Field research and analysis is anticipated to require 20-30 hours
per week through early September.
*Duties and Responsibilities:*
· Interview management staff of up to 20 affordable housing sites in
Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties;
· Collaborate with site staff to distribute and collect completed
surveys of building residents about transportation habits of all household
· Make special arrangements as needed to maximize participation in the
· Interview and write stories of how transportation patterns changed
for two-four households before and after moving to affordable housing
· Compile survey data and analyze results;
· Work with NPH staff, members and advisors to frame survey findings
within the context of land use and transportation planning in the region.
*Deadline: *Open until filled.
*How to Apply: *Please send a cover letter, resume to:**
Evelyn Stivers, Field Director
*Posted: *May 10, 2011
***Eduardo C. Serafin, PE, AICP*
Transportation Engineer & Planner
Department of Urban & Regional Planning
San Jose State University
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]